Hobbies - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By roxunreal
I am a goa trance/psychedelic chillout DJ, thus music is my main hobby.
http://www.rox-unreal.net/

I do low budget amateur astrophotography and am interested in astronomy in general.
http://www.astrobin.com/users/roxunreal/

Mountain biking (used to do extreme stuff like freeride and downhill, now I mostly just ride and do jumps and tricks and excessive speeds rarely as my knees are not in good shape)

Hiking/mountain climbing (again, with fucked up meniscuses I tend to be in pain after long descents lately :/ )

Used to be into die-cast aircraft and ocean liner modelling but haven't built anything in more than 2 years.

Aviation related things in general - reading, playing IL-2 Sturmovik online with a clan, I even went to the UK last summer to meet up with the people I play with (most from the UK) and attend Duxford airshow. Some day hopefully I'll save enough money to get a glider license.

Urban exploring, the pinnacle of which would be my visit and thorough exploration of the destroyed and abandoned Zeljava underground airbase
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_exploration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BDeljava_Air_Base

I have over 300 photohraphs and counting of beautiful sunsets and the sky in general. Most of them are on my facebook though, I may re-host them on Imgur some day.

Other photography in general, but I'm not too serious about it and do most of it with a compact camera and not an SLR (even though I own one for astrophotography).

And of course I occasionally indulge in entheogens, hookah smoking (shisha tobacco), and more regularly in turkish tea and sushi.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Roxunreal... the urban-exploration sounds bloody fascinating! I read the wiki link you sent and living in Sydney I would like to see that place that the photograph is of.
I lived most of my life in Melbourne Australia, and by accident have urban-explored. That is going to off-limit places just for a lark or to drink etc and not realise that there was urban-exploration. In my adventures found some fascinating graffiti art. In a more, legal and tame way, Melbourne CBD actually allows for urban-exploration (if you’d call it that). There are lots of little and tiny alleyways that you can explore and see some amazing street art, including Banksies. One of the things I miss about Melbourne is this cultural creativity. So looking forward to exploring Sydney more and maybe finding something similar.

What other places would you say are your favourite that you have explored roxunreal?
Also, I’d love to see you post a few of your photos (or link) here on PoFo.
By Godstud
Drinking beer with foreigners
Chatting on Facebook with friends in North America/Thailand
Skyping with friends
Eating
Sleeping
Sex
Posting on Pofo

not necessarily in that order.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Interesting to see sex and sleeping are only a hobbies for you and not a regular consistent activities.
By Godstud
Some of my hobbies are very time consuming and repetitive. :D
By Notorious B.i.G.
Godstud wrote:Some of my hobbies are very time consuming and repetitive. :D

haha, yes posting on PoFo can be very time consuming and repetitive. :lol:
By Godstud
I'm not on Pofo THAT much! :lol:
By quetzalcoatl
My hobby is fixed gear bikes ("fixies").

Fixies have a direct chain connection from the crankring to the rear chainring. No gear changes, no coasting. You pedal fast to go fast, and pedal slow to go slow.

To stop you stop pedaling, and the rear wheel will skid you to a stop. (Many localities require a front brake operated by a lever, best to check)

Many fixies are just old steel ten speeds. You strip the drivetrain off, and repaint the frame.
By quetzalcoatl
It's just for fun. It's a somewhat more intense physical activity...no building up speed and coasting. I probably wouldn't recommend it for extreme hilly areas.
By Godstud
Drinking has become my latest hobby. I am getting quite proficient at it.

Paradigm wrote:Hipster
QFT :lol:
By quetzalcoatl
Paradigm wrote:Hipster

I've never gone to a coffeehouse on my bike. ;)

I like them because they are cheap and fun to work on.

Actually I don't mind hipsters too much. They're OK compared to roadie snobs. That's why I masquerade as a "Fred" and ride an old bike:

By Notorious B.i.G.
I have two new hobbies.
Breathing and living. I'm glad I took those up as hobbies
By quetzalcoatl
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:I have two new hobbies.
Breathing and living. I'm glad I took those up as hobbies

Very time consuming hobbies!
By Notorious B.i.G.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Very time consuming hobbies!

Tell me about it. I hardly have time for my other hobbies such sitting down and eating.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]