Hobbies - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Joe Liberty
Reading
Writing (both recreationally and posting on forums)
role-playing games (mainly the HERO System)
playing bass
collecting baseballs
By Godstud
Yes, eating, breathing, and living are very good hobbies indeed. I tihnk more people need to take up that "living" hobby.

I enjoy a nice walk along the Mekong river now, and am thinking about getting a bicycle, soon.
By Tainari88
I love cooking and dancing. I really do. Sometimes I do both at the same time! I bought some great fruit and veggies to make a picnic salad tomorrow. I bought a Tiramisu cake at Whole foods for dessert for the picnic tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. I will make a salad out of these ingredients:

Walnuts
Queso Fresco
golden fresh figs
mission fresh figs
pomegranates
honeycrisp apples
peaches (fresh organic golden)
baby lettuce, spinach and baby kale
oranges
and a vinagrette dressing made at home
also fresh mint and fresh basil

I love my salads everyone loves them. I almost bought extremely colorful edible flowers but they wanted too much money for it.

The rest of the people will bring roasted chicken, bbq ribs and fresh baked breads, and a great dish from Panama made of rice, peas, coconut milk, saffron and broth....and fried plantains. There will be sangria with wine and without wine and sparkling water. I think it will be a fine picnic!
By nucklepunche
Movies
Model trains
Biking
Hiking

Previously I would have put video games and reading on the list but I do less and less of that. I am more focused on model trains now.
By Godstud
I am going to add fishing to my list of hobbies! I have time on my hands!
By Xbow
Rock Climbing
Mountaineering
Hiking
Coyote Hunting (Rifle & Bow)
Hog Hunting (Rifle & Bow)
NRA Big Bore Rifle Matches
Fishing (streams, lakes)
Metal Working (knives, swords, hatchets & axes)
Reading
Movies (especially post Apoc & Zombie)
By Figlio di Moros
I'm not sure I do anything w/ enough regularity to count as a hobby. Cooking, reading, and even some writing are things that appear w/ some regularity but I haven't done much since summer.

Actually, I've got a garden turned over for spring, and I could probably use some advice. No idea what I'm gonna grow, or what the hell I'm doing once I plant the seeds. :hmm:
By Decky
Actually, I've got a garden turned over for spring, and I could probably use some advice. No idea what I'm gonna grow, or what the hell I'm doing once I plant the seeds.

If you go for spuds you can put in grass cuttings with them when you put em in the ground, it mulches down and is good for them. How much land you got to work with?
By Figlio di Moros
I think what I had laid out is about one square, maybe a few feet short on either end- I had wanted to turn over the whole lawn, but never got back to it.

Actually, tubers aren't much of a bad idea. I was thinking turnips, beets, or anything that could be used from leafy green to root. I was also considering either leeks or garlic. :hmm:
By Decky
Make sure to hell us how you get on and post pics if any grow in shapes that a childish person might find funny. :)
By Spaceman
Listening to music, playing bass, guitar, reading, drawing, watching movies, gamming, smoking and some times I attempt to write some verses, but just when the criativity drives in
By Intr0vert
Long walks
Reading trashy gossip/fashion magazines and sci-fi novels
People watching
Shopping/window shopping
Watching sci-fi movies
Volunteering at animal shelters (love dogs)
By Rejn
Reading - Currently expanding my Penguin Classics collection. It's still quite small though.
Board games - Settlers of Catan, Board Game of Thrones
Card games - Speed is my favourite game, and I also play Whist. I have MtG but stopped buying new cards a while ago.
Ice skating - I can do 3-turns! I'm also learning how to play hockey.
By OllytheBrit
Writing short stories. Selling the copyright to one a year ago paid for my Bmer.

Oh, and c. 20-mile round trip country walks.
By Cartertonian
Decky wrote:Make sure to hell us how you get on and post pics if any grow in shapes that a childish person might find funny.

Sorry Decky...I had nothing to post last year...

By Decky
That one was worth waiting for carter.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]