Cooking Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Decky
By the way, I am partial to haggis and tatties.

Of course you are, there is not one single Jock who isn't and if anyone tries to use evidence to disprove that I will just close the tab.

I also like it to be fair, got invited to a burns night supper last year and it was a very good meal.
By Nattering Nabob
Quick, cheap, and damn good...but I don't see why people don't beat the eggs first...

[youtube]WhSS_QuIuA0[/youtube]

[youtube]y-jHiQ_5GhY[/youtube]
By Figlio di Moros
    Hearts & Gizzard

• Pour coconut water and water into a skillet, bring it to a boil
  • Add hearts and gizzards
  • Add seasoning- just used Old Bay, sure more experienced seasoners will have a real pro-tip advice
  • Let simmer for 3 hrs
  • Strain broth into a saucepan
  • Brown hearts/gizzards
  • Add coconut oil to broth and reduce down.

By Nattering Nabob
Homemade flour tortillas:
Ingredients

•2 cups all-purpose flour
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•3/4 cup water
•3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

•In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times (I kneaded a lot longer than that...), adding a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.

• Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-in. circle.

• In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm. Yield: 8 tortillas.

You will need to wipe the residual flour out of the pan with a paper towel after each tortilla or it will begin to smoke...and cook on low temp...
I have a whippet and a lurcher. Every winter/autumn myself and a friend go out lamping rabbits two nights a week. Their right tasty if you cut them into thin slivers and coat them in bread crumbs. Sometimes I use Heineken instead of oil to fry em. Bit of Reggae Reggae sauce and a few fried spuds.
By Kon
fig that looks and sounds terrifying

flour tortillas need lard in them

I like to make spaetzle which is a slacker doughed egg noodle
By Husky
Nattering Nabob wrote:Quick, cheap, and damn good...but I don't see why people don't beat the eggs first...

[youtube]WhSS_QuIuA0[/youtube]

[youtube]y-jHiQ_5GhY[/youtube]

thanks for these
By Nattering Nabob
[youtube]NPiA69p4gqE[/youtube]

I use a spoon to mix instead of a mechanical mixer...

I cook on a pizza pan in an oven on very high heat and get maximum puffiness...

The secret to making them puff is high heat and evenness of dough by using a rolling pin...
By Kon
The technique I use is to preheat a baking sheet in a maxed out oven roll them out and throw them onto the hot sheet. In about thirty seconds they will begin to rise to amazing heights, creating the pocket we all know and love. I don't usually brown them until a second cooking
By Le Rouge
I became a vegetarian in August '14 and this is my cooking lately:
Sweet soup rice (rice with sugar, butter, margarine/butter, vanilla)
Diced Potatoes with cabbage, carrots, or bell peppers - and most importantly, with dill
Coffee with sugar, milk, and protein supplements
Lentils, kidney beans, or pinto beans.

All very tasty and cheap and easy to make.
By Nattering Nabob
Le Rouge wrote:I became a vegetarian in August '14 and this is my cooking lately:
Sweet soup rice (rice with sugar, butter, margarine/butter, vanilla)
Diced Potatoes with cabbage, carrots, or bell peppers - and most importantly, with dill
Coffee with sugar, milk, and protein supplements
Lentils, kidney beans, or pinto beans.

All very tasty and cheap and easy to make.

I eat pretty much the same thing except I add leafy greens (canned collards or spinach) somewhere in there...also lots of jalepenos and onions...and fruit...and oats...

Plain yogurt is a good substitute for milk and such...

Use 100% (not blended) canola oil a third of the time for omega 3...and you probably don't need a protein supplement if you eat enough grains and beans...

Try brown rice as it has more fiber and vitamins...

I haven't tried it yet but a great, cheap, and healthy food is sprouts...you can of course make them yourself, as with yogurt...
By MEAGAIN
Nattering,

Very good pita bread recipe will try it soon.

Also I like old fashioned corn cakes cooked in iron skillet. I never measure so just make it a little thicker than pancake batter. Grease the skillet with whatever oil you prefer and keep it well greased while cooking,be generaous with the grease. {This bread has all the ingrediants as hushpuppies only not deep fried}

self rising corn meal
onions, can't use too many onions
2 eggs
A little salt
a little sugar.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]