Soups - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Nattering Nabob
I can't seem to make chicken soup taste like chicken unless I add chicken bullion cubes...

Same goes for beef soup...

Aside from browning the meat and adding meat fat, how do I make chicken soup taste more like chicken and beef soup taste more like beef, aside from adding bullion cubes?
By Figlio di Moros
I was gonna say that- do you simmer the bones prior to adding the meat? I've never had an issue making something taste like itself.
By Nattering Nabob
In the past I've simmered the bones but not for the hours that stock recipes call for...usually just long enough to seperate the meat from the bones...

I'll try leaving the bones on for much longer...
By Kon
stock should be made using the carcass of a butchered chicken or a couple of them. Roasting is optional and changes the colour and flavour. Do not add just bones, the addition of onions, celery and carrots is necessary. You don't need to cut them up, simmer that shit for a very long time.

I sometimes also add tomato and garlic, as well as aromatics.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]