Pizza crust - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Figlio di Moros
Anyone have a good pizza crust recipe? I'm planning on making a few pizza's for some friends, could borrow a bread machine for the dough.
By Figlio di Moros
I'm not looking for ready-made crust, and could just as well find frozen dough for such a purpose. Where is Kon or Demos when you need them?
By Social_Critic
Dont be silly. The best solution is to buy a plain cheese pizza at the supermarket. I buy the ones which they keep refrigerated but not frozen. Take the pizza out of the plastic wrap and place your own ingredients on top. Then bake it. Pull it out early say about 3 minutes and place it on a large frying pan coated with olive oil and place the pan over a low fire. Keep smelling it until you smell the bread and then lift it out and place it on a plate. Repeat for as many pizzas as you wish.

I like to use mushrooms, green peppers, mozzarella cheese, plain ham, onions and a bit of tomato sauce. But yesterday we made them with red peppers and a bit of Emental cheese as well. Sometimes we toss provolone but only when the pizza is on the frying pan.

It's a hell if a lot faster and better than anything I've ever tried. The only pizza I liked better I found in a French restaurant in Congo, but it cost $100 for pizza for four and that was in the 1980's, when we were trying to bury the evil empire and all that jazz.
By Kon
Depends what type of crust you like

If you want a crispy wop style pizza, it will have to be made with just flour water and yeast (salt to taste). I would use one even cup of unbleached stone ground white flour and 100mls of flour per personal pizza, each of these will have a 1/2tsp of yeast, be kneaded by hand for ten minutes with no added flour until pliable and rise for an hour, after which you will punch it down and allow it another half hour.

For a more pliable american style pizza crust add 25mls (a splash cocksucker) of oil to each pizza and a teaspoon of refined sugar (this will emulate a delivery crust)

I use a pizza pan to cook both these styles. For the authentic wop pizza, I put the pizza pan upside down in the oven and heat it to as high as it goes. I roll it out, toss it on a piece of wax paper, poke holes in it with a fork.gently all over, sauce and top it. Toss it in for around 4-5 minutes atop the heated upside down pan. Pull the wax paper off and let it get good and crusty for 3-4 minutes.

I roll the american style crust out into the lipped pizza pan (heavily greased) and sauce and top it, then place the cold pan with topped pizza into the maxed out oven for around 12-15 minutes.

I will try to post pics of both varieties
By keso
I use jiffy crust, but use a bit over what half of the water that they recommend in the mix. It turns out really well.

By Nattering Nabob
I was shocked to find pizza sauce is simply tomato sauce from a can with a couple of herbs (thyme and oregano for me) and salt or sugar depending on which brand of sauce is used...

It tastes fantastic though...
By Eauz
3 & 1/3 Cups of unbleached flour
1 & 2/3 Tablespoon of baking powder
2/3 Cup of milk
1/4 Cup of vegetable oil

Combine all the ingredients and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl. Take the dough out and form it into a ball. Knead it 10 times in the bowl. Divide it into however number of pizzas you require, but usually works for 2 pizzas. If the dough looks dry, you can add more milk as needed.

You can roll this out on a floured surface now or put it in the refridgerator until you require it.

Once you've added all the toppings (or none at all), bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 375 F (190 C).

This should provide you with a soft, chewy crust, almost like a bread/pastry. If you want a hard crust, just cook it for another 20 - 25 minutes (might burn the pizza though).

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]