Chocolate stuff - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By redcarpet
I'm a chocoholic!

If I'm not having chocolate muffins for desert, I'm having chocolate fudge cake!

Anyone else got the chocos! bug?
By layman
I do have it big time but I cut sugar out of my regular diet.

I have it but only dark chocolate or when I am eating out. It is like a drug to me. I need to keep sugar out of my system or I will crave it constantly.

fav things,

- Cashew nut Brownie + ice cream
- Double chocolate chip cookie (moist)
- Dairy Milk - classic 'lager' of the chocolate world
By Rejn
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Poroshenko.

The only time I have chocolate is when people give it to me for Christmas/birthday/Easter/some other reason. It's unhealthy and unnecessary so I never buy it myself.
By Intr0vert
I loooooove sweets. Chocolate is like a drug to me, so I have had to quit it because I cannot stop and gain weight easily. I have dark chocolate once in a while because that is the healthier option. Otherwise, no chocolate for me. How can you eat so much chocolatey goodness without getting fat?

I've heard it said that people who prefer sweets are themselves sweet
By BDBoop
Does pineapple juice prevent chocolate cravings?
By Solastalgia
BDBoop wrote:Does pineapple juice prevent chocolate cravings?

Not that I know of... Maybe try this:

Chocolate Wasted Cake

Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with chocolate morsels pressed in the sides, topped with whoppers, minis reese’s cups, kit kat bars and hershey’s bars with chocolate drizzled over it all!
By BDBoop
Oh cool! Now see, I used to make chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate, sour cream, chocolate, heath crunch, chocolate cake!
By late
If you were going to make brownies from scratch, you would melt 4 ounces of baking chocolate into a stick or two of butter.
So do that. I use Bakers.

Then take any Ghiradelli brownie mix, stir in a couple eggs, and the choc/butter mix. You might need to add a little water.
These make dense brownies, if you want them to be even a little cakey, add a third egg, and some baking powder.

When it comes out of the oven, immediately cut them into squares and put those into a bowl. Add a scoop of coffee ice cream, I use Edys French Silk.
You want old fashioned coffee ice cream, which means a mild coffee taste without the horrid bitterness or off flavors that so much coffee has now.
That would ruin it.

Then put some hot fudge sauce on that, and serve. I like to add some crushed walnuts. Use a good one like Death by Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce, or make it yourself.
Moist chocolate chip cookies are my favorite chocolate fix. Sometimes a slice of chocolate cake with good chocolate frosting is necessary. But I've mostly cut out sugar and chocolate from my diet. It's just a treat now and then.
By MEAGAIN
I like chocolate fudge but it is hard to make we always get it too soft no matter how hard we try. Hubby made cookies with nuts, chocolate chips and apricots from scratch with whatever dried fruit is on sale and all the kids and grandkids love em.

We also like friut cakes and we soak the fruit and nuts in brandy for a couple days. Hubbys 87 yr.old mother loves our fruit cakes,she use to always send us one so now we send her one.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]