Psuedo-Vegetarian - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Thunderhawk
Im looking for filling vegetarian meals.

I get gout from time to time, so I am cutting back on meat and protein. That hasn't been a problem, but the lack of meat in meals lead the meals to feel unfilling. I'm looking for suggestions (recipes, cook books, sites) that are filling. Salads just don't do it, and tonnes of Carbs isn't appealing. ATM, I'm eating a lot of Quinoa (1-2/week) and am looking at barley again. It has protein, but little compared to meat.

So, any suggestions?
Add more fat and alternative protein sources.

Fried mozzarella is super filling. Not really good for you, though.
It's probably not what you're looking for, but I'm a very simple cook. If I can't afford meat, I'll often use yams as the bulk. They're good, they're starchy but not potato-sparchy.
By quetzalcoatl
Gout prevention diet:
http://www.webmd.com/arthritis/tc/diet- ... c-overview

I've taken allopurinol for 25 years, and its has eliminated all gout attacks. It has to be taken on a permanent basis to prevent attacks, it won't stop attacks once they begin. Allopurinol is generic and dirt cheap. According to my internist, uric acid crystals from gout are constantly attacking your joints, where they accumulate. Even if you feel nothing, they are slowly degrading those joints - that's why it's important to take a dosage of allopurinol sufficient to return uric acid levels to normal. If you can control these levels through diet, that's great - but if you've ever had a gout attack these levels need to be checked periodically.
Beans are the answer...

Put a piece of meat in a pot of beans to flavor it...add a diced onion and a diced potato...if you are awesome add chilis...

If you make dried kidney beans you can make chili out of it by adding tomatoes and some kind of beef...the beef is used as a flavoring and not the wmail course so it's not like you're buying a roast...

Bakes beans with onions and sausages of some kind are the b0mb...

edit: oh, you're cutting down on protein...beans are loaded with protein..why are you cutting down on protein?

Armenia is joining the sanctions against the Russi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? People (not just[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]