SIMPLE and awesome recipes... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Oilve oil
garlic
butter
onions
thyme (or oregano)
a tomato

Boil some noodles...

heat olive oil in a pan, add a little butter, brown half a copped onion, add a pinch of thyme, and add in diced tomato...cook until everything is nice and hot...

serve over noodles...
1/2 cup of butter/margarine
1 egg
1/2 cup of honey
1 teaspoon of lemon extract
2 3/4 cups unbleached flour

Mix the first four ingredients.
Add flour and mix until dough is smooth. Chill 1 hour.

Roll out dough and cut cookies.

Bake 10 minutes.

Remove from pans to wire racks and allow to cool
Get a full English breakfast in a can and put in a saucepan over the hob, heat until hot and then eat. Serve with toast and butter and a mug of strong black tea with milk.

Decky wrote:Get a full English breakfast in a can and put in a saucepan over the hob, heat until hot and then eat. Serve with toast and butter and a mug of strong black tea with milk.

Are you aware of the fact that chronic constipation can have a negative impact on your political views?
Dagoth Ur wrote:Since when do beans constipate people?

The beans don't, but the other ingredients, especially the tea with milk.

But the beans are even worse for his political views. They produce gases and upset your mental equilibrium. The Buddha expressly forbade his followers to eat beans.
I won't pretend to be surprised that a German doesn't appreciate breakfast in a can.

Decky wins the thread, so far. My suggestion was going to be beans on toast, with a teaspoon of English mustard stirred into the beans.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Take one ripe avocado, slice it in half, scoop out the succulent flesh, mash it up with a fork, add lemon juice (or not), serve with bread.

Or add garlic or salt or both.
Decky wrote:Get a full English breakfast in a can and put in a saucepan over the hob, heat until hot and then eat. Serve with toast and butter and a mug of strong black tea with milk.

The first post's recipe sounds good.

Something similar I make is wholewheat/grain pasta with olive oil, garlic, onion, broccoli and mushrooms.

Tons of hot chili pepper flakes along with tobasco sauce is optional. And cheese.
Kill cow. Cut up cow. Put salt and pepper on part of the cow. Put in fire. Eat.
Heisenberg wrote:My suggestion was going to be beans on toast

Actually, when we were first married our 'treat' (!) when we came back from doing the week's shopping was a slice of buttered toast with a fried egg on it, covered in baked beans with the little pork cocktail-size sausages in.

Oh...and a tube of Smarties for dessert!
That looks awesome.

It is indeed but there is rather a lot of pork in it!

Actually, when we were first married our 'treat' (!) when we came back from doing the week's shopping was a slice of buttered toast with a fried egg on it, covered in baked beans with the little pork cocktail-size sausages in.

Oh...and a tube of Smarties for dessert!

That sounds nice Carter, when I am making beans on toast I like to put little slices of cheese on the toast so when the beans get poured on it melts onto the toast and is lovely. Red Leicester or cheddar usually. With your permission I might try the egg thing.

Also good shout for beans with the little sausages, I had that all the time when I was a kid. I'm not a fan of Britain in a lot of ways but the food beats everyone's.

Look on our superior cuisine and despair!
Gah! English "cuisine" at its best! No wonder it is notorious in the rest of Europe.

You English people should be banned from posting in any food-related thread...
Somebody already vomited on that plate.

Oh, those are supposed to be beans...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]