SIMPLE and awesome recipes... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Yeah, well, I do make an exception for English puddings. They are delicious. Why are you so good at cakes and puddings and so horrible at everything else?
Yeah, well, I do make an exception for English puddings. They are delicious. Why are you so good at cakes and puddings and so horrible at everything else?

You are wrong.

Decky wrote:Spotted dick is lovely though. Especially with custard. We used to have it at school sometimes.

Let it go Nabob...let it go...

[youtube]jEblfSKCXM0[/youtube]

Chicken and dumpling soup is actually pretty easy to make.

Good call...sometimes I just drop biscuit dough in a pot of chicken soup...if I am feeling energetic I make a batch of noodles/dumplings with 2 eggs, a dash of oil, and 1 cup of flour...
I get fancy with it sometimes and boil down chicken bones for stock and pan fry the chicken with rosmary, garlic, sage, thyme, etc.

I get the stock really concentrated and turn it basically into gravy, my husband is really good with dough so he hand kneads the biscuit dough so the dumplings come out perfect.

I got called bourgey the other day when I talked about how we cooked food.
I get fancy with it sometimes and boil down chicken bones for stock and pan fry the chicken with rosmary, garlic, sage, thyme, etc.

I get the stock really concentrated and turn it basically into gravy,

That has always been my downfall..my chicken soup is watery and tastes like crap if I don't add bullion cubes...oh the shame...
Oh baby... you had me at hello.

I hear you...I love pieces of cheese that fall off the edge of something and are nice and browned...I have fantasized about taking a cookie sheet, dripping cheese on it, and toasting it plain in the oven...
Decky, commenting on Welsh rarebit wrote:They insist that it isn't cheese on toast.

Well, it's not! It's cheese on toast with a bit of mustard.

Also, lol at mediaeval humour:
Wikipedia wrote:The notion that toasted cheese was a favourite dish irresistible to the Welsh has existed since the Middle Ages. In A C Merie Talys (100 Merry Tales), a printed book of jokes of 1526 AD (of which William Shakespeare made some use), it is told that God became weary of all the Welshmen in heaven, 'which with their krakynge and babelynge trobelyd all the others', and asked the Porter of Heaven Gate, St Peter, to do something about it. So St Peter went outside the gates and called in a loud voice ' Cause bobe, yt is as moche to say as rostyd chese ': at which all the Welshmen ran out, and when St Peter saw they were all outside, he went in and locked the gates, which is why there are no Welshmen in heaven. The 1526 compiler says he found this story 'Wryten amonge olde gestys'.
Bacon and Leek stew:

-lb Bacon
-lb Leeks
-two OXO's

-Overload the frying pan with bacon so that it doesn't fry but gives off juice.
-Add the water from boiling the leeks.
-Re-fry the bacon to crisp up.
-Add the leeks and stock + OXO's.

Et voila!
Puttanesca

28oz can crushed tomatoes
salt
tin of anchovies/anchovy paste
3 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp butter
4-6 cloves of garlic
2/3 cup of olives
handful of capers
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes/powder

While working on the sauce, boil salted water and cook the noodles al dente. Separately, heat about 3 tbsp of oil and add the minced garlic. After this is golden, add the anchovies and stir for about a minute. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, red pepper and salt to taste. After this is heated through and the noodles are done, drain the noodles and put them back in their pot, then add about 1-2 tbsp of butter to the noodles, and then pour over the sauce, and stir on high heat for about 1 minute or so until the butter is melted.

mikema63 wrote:I get fancy with it sometimes and boil down chicken bones for stock and pan fry the chicken with rosmary, garlic, sage, thyme, etc.

I get the stock really concentrated and turn it basically into gravy, my husband is really good with dough so he hand kneads the biscuit dough so the dumplings come out perfect.

I got called bourgey the other day when I talked about how we cooked food.

The chicken and dumpling soup I do follows the family recipe and so it's pretty simple. The dumpling "dough" is simply eggs mixed into flour, whisked well, and is definitely "soupy" like what Nabob describes. I add garlic and a generous amount of white/black pepper and tarragon, but I never really do anything special with the chicken.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]