Hammocking - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By RhetoricThug
Lately I've been busy 'elevating my perspective.' Toward the end of 2015 I wanted to pick up a new hobby, so I went with elevated relaxation aka hammocking. I purchased one Eagle Nest Outfitters Double-Nest hammock (I'm kinda tall so I need the extra room). I initially set up my hammock in my house (with a standalone metal frame I found on Amazon) and started to sleep in it instead of my bed. Sure it felt strange at first, I feel very aboriginal, allowing gravity to support my body as I swing & snooZzzZzzZe. Two months ago I bought tree straps and a bug net and now I sleep outside when the weather is nice and take naps during my hiking adventures. I highly recommend this low-energy hobby!

I'd like to point out that sleeping in a hammock can help folks with insomnia get proper REM sleep... Due to the gentle cradling, I certainly notice its impact. I don't suffer from insomnia, but I do fall asleep fairly quickly because of the slight rocking motion.

We're hanging out among the trees in back yards, parks and college campuses as a new form of group relaxation swings across the state. Get out your hammock.

http://www.startribune.com/hammocking-i ... 316148751/

What do you think, PoFo? Are you going to elevate your perspective this summer?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]