Gulag Archipelago - Will it radicalise me? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Workers of the world, unite! Then argue about Trotsky and Stalin for all eternity...
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So I have an abridged copy of the Gulag Archipelago which I have not yet had time to read. My son has picked it up though and started reading it. He has relayed some odd snippets from it to me which really disturbed me. I knew it would be grim and appalling but, from the sound of it, it is even worse than I imagined.

My experience of communists in the present day has already lead to me loathing them all and wishing they were all dead. If I hear more about how they are when they have the opportunity to really live out their morbid hatred of humanity I am a bit concerned it will push me over the edge of civilised restraint. Should I avoid reading it then?
SolarCross wrote:
I am a bit concerned it will push me over the edge of civilised restraint.

What does that mean? Are you gonna go active shooter or something?

I don't know where you're at in your head but political violence of any kind is completely counterproductive at this point in the game. I got no love for the gulagists or the liberal fascisti but resorting to violence plays right into their hands.
Sivad wrote:What does that mean? Are you gonna go active shooter or something?

I don't know where you're at in your head but political violence of any kind is completely counterproductive at this point in the game. I got no love for the gulagists or the liberal fascisti but resorting to violence plays right into their hands.

I don't know. What else can I do when righteous indignation boils over? I am just supposed to bottle it up?
SolarCross wrote:I don't know. What else can I do when righteous indignation boils over? I am just supposed to bottle it up?

Channel it into something productive. Do you want to lash out in futility or do you want to win? I want to win and the winner's motto is fuck the dumb shit.

Go read Sun Tzu, he'll tell you how to win.
Sivad wrote:Channel it into something productive. Do you want to lash out in futility or do you want to win? I want to win and the winner's motto is fuck the dumb shit.

Go read Sun Tzu, he'll tell you how to win.

I want to win.

I seem to remember that Sun Tzu was big on "knowing your enemy". I feel he would say I should read the Gulag Archipelago then, to know what I am up against.
SolarCross wrote:Communists.

Some of them were. Some were not.

Anyway, this is obviously just another one of your threads where you make unsupported insulting generalizations about all Marxists, despite the historical facts that disprove those exact generalizations.

This topic should be moved to Gorky at that point.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Some of them were. Some were not.

Anyway, this is obviously just another one of your threads where you make unsupported insulting generalizations about all Marxists, despite the historical facts that disprove those exact generalizations.

This topic should be moved to Gorky at that point.

You have not changed and you will do it all again if you can.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You clearly said it was not about me, but about communism in general.

Now you seem to be saying it was about me specifically. Is it?

Since you keep coming up to cover for your fellow criminals, it seems to be both.

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]