Neil Armstrong Dies - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By colliric
Igor Antunov wrote:I think in terms of space the US is portugal in the initial stages of the age of colonisation. Simply not trying hard enough and it will end the same way. Sidelined.

I would say they're more akin to well, the Russians and the Ancient Chinese.....

http://www.australiaforeveryone.com.au/ ... hinese.htm

They probably discovered almost every peice of land there was to discover, and then it was promptly forgotten about or covered up for whatever reason, which allowed the British(et al.) to get in and "publish it" all(writing diaries, planting flags, trumpeting their british explorers as heroes when they got home, etc). The Chinese for instance probably actually first "discovered" our country(as in the first sea faring civlization to discover this land existed), followed by the Portugese, and finally Captain Cook in the 18th century...

The Chinese are possibly believed to have landed in California as well, in the 450's!

I guess it would be somewhat ironic if the Chinese were the second to land on the moon.
Soon there will be nobody alive who has walked on the moon.

It says something of our goals and ambition. It's really quite pathetic.

More damning, I believe, is the reality that since then, men have not progressed at all to the degree possible.

The fact that I see myself passing away before we have one of our own on the surface of Mars is disheartening.
I would say they're more akin to well, the Russians and the Ancient Chinese.....

The russians stuck a flag to every parcel of land they chartered. Bad example. Today they are staking new claims in the arctic.

The Ancient Chinese wasted so much potential with the stupid insular imperial system. Could have started colonising the world before the portuguese, and done so with 100x more ships and general resources to work with.
By colliric
Igor Antunov wrote:
The russians stuck a flag to every parcel of land they chartered. Bad example. Today they are staking new claims in the arctic.

The Ancient Chinese wasted so much potential with the stupid insular imperial system. Could have started colonising the world before the portuguese, and done so with 100x more ships and general resources to work with.

Yeah but alot of the time the Russians in the old days kept it a secret until it became somehow politically useful... See Alaska for example.

The Chinese originally "discovered"(not counting the Aboriginals who lived here all along) Australia, and now we send our coal and resources to them.
By MissTNT
colliric wrote:Yeah but alot of the time the Russians in the old days kept it a secret until it became somehow politically useful... See Alaska for example.

The Chinese originally "discovered"(not counting the Aboriginals who lived here all along) Australia, and now we send our coal and resources to them.

And yet, Australia has to look to BumFucked Wyoming, USA to find real men to operate the equipment to work those mines. Ya, that's right, you heard me, Aussies are actually trying to recruit a dumb SOB like my X, who barely graduated high school(and I do mean BARELY) to work your mines and can't get him cause ya just don't pay enough. :lol:
By joeylyrics
Misstnt...

I love the Iron Maiden logo you have on your post.
They're still my favorite band since high school and that "EDDIE" I had etched into many desks.
The NUMBER OF THE BEAST is still one of my favorite albums of all time.
You've got some good musical taste.
By MissTNT
You can watch the making of the album on NetFlix under the Classic Albums Series. We just watched it a couple of days ago.

KFlint created the sig for me. My attempt at it was pretty lame. Just go into the "Sigs and Avs" forum if you want him to do something for you.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so American traitor Russell Bentley kidnapped and […]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the White[…]