Burt Reynolds, Star of Deliverance and Smokey and the Bandit has passed on, Age 82. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

He was a funny guy. As a kid, I was jealous of him, because he married Loni Anderson. I was in love with her boobs.

The Deliverance was a classic.

A buddy of mine told me a joke about it last night, which seems kind of apocryphal. He said that in the scene where Burt ostensibly goes over the waterfall in the raft, they first used a dummy. Burt didn't like the scene, and told the directory, "We have to do this over. It just looks like a dummy going over the waterfall." So they reshot the scene, and Burt redid the scene and took a dive over the waterfall in the raft himself. He was injured in the scene and taken to the hospital. Later, the director visited Burt in the hospital. Burt asked the director how the new scene looked. The director apparently said, "It looks like a dummy going over the waterfall."

Burt was actually pretty funny. So I'm guessing that story is embellished a bit.

I liked Smokey and the Bandit too. The baby boomers liked the anti-government stance of their generation. It's sort of humorous that many of them don't like the anti-government stance of the Gen-X types like me. Burt was a friend of Donald Trump as well.
blackjack21 wrote:I liked Smokey and the Bandit too. The baby boomers liked the anti-government stance of their generation. It's sort of humorous that many of them don't like the anti-government stance of the Gen-X types like me. Burt was a friend of Donald Trump as well.

It's amusing (and tragic) that you still pretend not to have an obsessive, slavish devotion to Trump given that you apparently decide whether you like people based on their opinion of the Dear Leader.
Red_Army wrote:I think Florida state's pathetic loss to Tech is what killed Burt and I wonder how Slick Willie Taggart and those players feel after murdering their best alumnus.

Know a Latin plural when you see one, R_A. :)
I remember him as Sally Field's sidekick in many of her movies. Burt called Sally ‘the love of his life’ as recently as 2015. I don't know why they didn't get married and it still remains as an unresolved mystery. In the late 1970s, Field had a relationship with Burt Reynolds, when they co-starred in several films.

The two didn’t keep in touch in recent years. “We don’t really talk to each other, no,” Field told People in 2016. When she was asked about Reynolds calling her the one who got away, she responded, “Well, yeah.”

Field, who went on to marry Steven Craig and later Alan Greisman, issued a statement in her ex-boyfriend’s memory, noting she still remembers their time together fondly. “There are times in your life that are so indelible, they never fade away. They stay alive, even forty years later," Field said in a statement, according to Entertainment Tonight. "My years with Burt never leave my mind. He will be in my history and my heart, for as long as I live. Rest, Buddy.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a ... lds-death/
Heisenberg wrote:It's amusing (and tragic) that you still pretend not to have an obsessive, slavish devotion to Trump given that you apparently decide whether you like people based on their opinion of the Dear Leader.

I liked some of Burt Reynold's acting well before Trump was a political factor. I like Trump, because he's the only person effectively opposing the establishment right now. I do find fault with him. For example, I would have gotten rid of all Obama holdovers immediately. I would not have appointed life-long Washington careerists like Christopher Wray or Rod Rosenstein. I would probably have fired Mr. Magoo, I mean Jeff Sessions by now. I would not have preserved much of anything in ObamaCare like Trump was willing to do. I do, however, love that he drives the left and the establishment nuts. That much is true.

I was deriding Baby Boomers who liked Smokey and the Bandit, and all the car chase stuff like Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry when it was the Baby Boomers, but they now despise that genre because it reminds them of NASCAR conservatives.
Heisenberg wrote:Indeed you do. Noah Webster has a lot to answer for. :|

It's: Noah Webster has a lotta stuff to answer for.

*Yells "Loser!" to impress his girlfriend wearing his varsity jacket, and drives off in his truck while yelling insults*

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]