Black Panther Star Chadwick Boseman Dies At Age 43 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Actor Chadwick Boseman, who rose to screen prominence as the star of "Black Panther," has died.

Boseman had been battling cancer since 2016, according to the actor's Twitter account. His publicist confirmed his death.

MORE: Lupita Nyong'o praises 'our king' Chadwick Boseman for 'Black Panther' success
"It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Chadwick Boseman," a statement said on the actor's official Twitter account. "Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016 and battled with it these last four years as it progressed to stage IV."

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," the statement continued. "From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more, all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy."

Boseman died in his home with his wife and family, according to the statement.

The actor had not publicly released he was battling cancer before his death.

Boseman's first starring role in film came as Cleveland Browns running back Ernie Davis in "The Express: The Ernie Davis Story" in 2008. He gained more plaudits as the star of another sports biography in 2013, this time playing barrier-breaking baseball player Jackie Robinson in "42." MLB celebrated Jackie Robinson Day on Friday.

But Boseman found his biggest box office success and worldwide star status as King T'Challa, the titular superhero Black Panther, in the Marvel film series. "Black Panther" was released in 2018 and smashed records with a box office total of more than $1.3 billion. It was also nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards, almost unheard of for a so-called superhero movie, and won Oscars for best costume design, best production design and best original score.

The movie won best outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture at the 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards.

In the message announcing his death, the statement said, "It was the honor of his life to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther."
colliric wrote:Ive never watched Black Panther, but I'm sure it was a great movie.

I will watch it soon.

I didn't watch it either. One of my cousins came in from out of town and wanted to visit with me the week it came out and I suggested that we go see it but he had already seen it.

I don't care much about MCU movies though. This is one of the best sequences from the MCU.

colliric wrote:
Always feels like shit when someone dies young.

RIP.

Amen.

It is sad to die so young at that age and especially in 2020 not dying from covid-19.
Last edited by maz on 29 Aug 2020 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
Saw him mostly on the show Elementary. Hard to tell with actors but he seemed to be a decent dude.

Can this year be over soon?

While the United States does not comment in any wa[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why are thousands of people trying to force their[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]