Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rush Limbaugh, the monumentally influential media icon who transformed talk radio and politics in his decades behind the microphone, helping shape the modern-day Republican Party, died Wednesday morning at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced.

Limbaugh's wife, Kathryn, made the announcement on his radio show. "Losing a loved one is terribly difficult, even more so when that loved one is larger than life," she said. "Rush will forever be the greatest of all time."

The radio icon learned he had Stage IV lung cancer in January 2020 and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by then-President Trump at the State of the Union address days later. First lady Melania Trump then presented America’s highest civilian honor to Limbaugh in an emotional moment on the heels of his devastating cancer diagnosis.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limb ... ative-icon

Rest in peace.

I'm lolling at the dumb shitheads on Twitter saying the left is mean for not being sad that the guy who did an "AIDS Report" bit where he'd read off the names of people who died of AIDS to wacky sound effects and disco music. Karma is a bitch.

Good riddance to the sex tourist pedophile, and lol @ the millions of shitheads who are surprised nobody is sad that their shithead hero is gone. I'm glad his death was excruciating, and that his addiction to painkillers likely made palliative care less effective.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm lolling at the dumb shitheads on Twitter saying the left is mean for not being sad that the guy who did an "AIDS Report" bit where he'd read off the names of people who died of AIDS to wacky sound effects and disco music. Karma is a bitch.

Good riddance to the sex tourist pedophile, and lol @ the millions of shitheads who are surprised nobody is sad that their shithead hero is gone. I'm glad his death was excruciating, and that his addiction to painkillers likely made palliative care less effective.

Lefties always impress me with their kindness and bleeding hearts.
I'm no lefty and this piece of shit was no conservative. He was a bigoted, racist, homophobic shock jock. I remember when he was just starting in Sacramento and he could be funny. His caller-abortions were worth a chuckle sometimes. Then he started to take himself seriously.

There is not a soul in American who has done more harm to our democracy that this fool.

Lefties always impress me with their kindness and bleeding hearts.

Lefties are not the ones dressing like soldiers and taking up arms against their country. That is the Limbaugh crowd. We are so much better off without his brand of garbage. Sadly some other fool will step in. I imagine Laura Ingram and Ann Coulter are salivating right about now. Maybe this is a good job for Pence. He did the conservative talk radio host gig before. But he is not racist enough to satisfy Limbaugh's audience.

Bye Rush. Your legacy is that of a disgusting, lowbrow blowhard. It is all you ever wanted to be. May God have mercy on your soul.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm lolling at the dumb shitheads on Twitter saying the left is mean for not being sad that the guy who did an "AIDS Report" bit where he'd read off the names of people who died of AIDS to wacky sound effects and disco music. Karma is a bitch.

Oh man, there is no worse demographic than the Very Serious People on Twitter. :lol:

Julian658 wrote:Lefties always impress me with their kindness and bleeding hearts.

Lol. Rush Limbaugh made enormous amounts of money by being gratuitously vile. Why on earth should we pretend to be sad about his death? I'm sure you had a good cheer when Osama bin Laden was killed. Limbaugh was basically a more spiteful, less intelligent bin Laden. :excited:
Heisenberg wrote:

Lol. Rush Limbaugh made enormous amounts of money by being gratuitously vile. Why on earth should we pretend to be sad about his death? I'm sure you had a good cheer when Osama bin Laden was killed. Limbaugh was basically a more spiteful, less intelligent bin Laden. :excited:

As a centrist I never cared for Limbaugh. IMO, he was no different than a lefty----the same tune on the opposite end of the spectrum. He was as tribal as you guys are. The left always shows more anger. The right wingers are a bit more docile.
My fondest memories of Rush Limbaugh were on very long holiday drives...

You'd get sick of listening to music; you'd be on the highway; you'd put on Rush, and the guy could make an hour or so fly back pretty quickly when he was on point.

It is best to forgive people and to show mercy.

It's quite brutish to dwell on these things when people die.

In 2011, I got drunk and toasted Osama Bin Laden's death... But even the next day, I felt kind of bad about it, and just have never responded this way to death since then.

I think it's more appropriate to simply not feel bad than express joy, particularly joy at suffering.

There are 3 American scumbags that should go directly to the deepest pits of hell straight in to Satans hottest, nastiest cauldrons: Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Alex Jones.

The amounts of suffering that those 3 produced is enormous. Not only to Americans but to the rest of the world also. Technically there is also Bill O'Reilley but I can't dislike him for some reason. Not sure why.

Verv wrote:It is best to forgive people and to show mercy.

It's quite brutish to dwell on these things when people die.

In 2011, I got drunk and toasted Osama Bin Laden's death... But even the next day, I felt kind of bad about it, and just have never responded this way to death since then.

I think it's more appropriate to simply not feel bad than express joy, particularly joy at suffering.

Hey guys, this is the Rush Limbaugh Report and Rush Limbaugh is dead.

*toilet flush*

*slide whistle

*sad trombone*

*Tim Allen grunt*
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 18 Feb 2021 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
JohnRawls wrote:There are 3 American scumbags that should go directly to the deepest pits of hell straight in to Satans hottest, nastiest cauldrons: Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Alex Jones.

I feel like Alex Jones isn't as bad as Limbaugh and Beck just because he's so obviously insane that it should be impossible to take him seriously. I believe he even used this as a defence in court once. :lol:

Also, without Alex Jones, who will dig into the real issues like FEMA concentration camps or fluoride turning the friggin' frogs gay?
Heisenberg wrote:I feel like Alex Jones isn't as bad as Limbaugh and Beck just because he's so obviously insane that it should be impossible to take him seriously. I believe he even used this as a defence in court once. :lol:

Also, without Alex Jones, who will dig into the real issues like FEMA concentration camps or fluoride turning the friggin' frogs gay?

The ability to come up with wacky ideas with no logic or basis in reality is not exclusive to the right. It can happen in the entire political spectrum and even people in the center can come with erratic ideas that make no sense.

It is nice to side with our tribe and make fun of the opposing tribe. However, sometimes people have to assimilate ideas from the tribe that make no sense. When the desire to be a tribesman takes over all tenets from the tribe are accepted without question. THAT IS NOT GOOD.

There are plenty of erratic ideas on the left . However, the left plays the intellectual approach with regards to illogical ideas. On the right wing the crazy ideas are most propagated by the uneducated non-intellectuals. In this regard the idiotic ideas of the left are much more dangerous. Idiotic right wing ideas are considered a no go by most. OTOH, idiotic ideas by the left receive plenty of consideration.

Furthermore, there are no limits on the left in terms how far the left can go. The more left the better, the greater the respect. ON the right side there is a sharp no-go zone and that is white ID politics. The system to check the extremes is better defined on the right.
I never had a big problem with him. He always seems like a typical "Rah rah rah Republican" type. I've listened to his show and it was typical republican talking points sort of stuff. However, given how much he clung on to Trumpism makes him a sack of shit. Good fucking riddance.
Heisenberg wrote:Lol. Rush Limbaugh made enormous amounts of money by being gratuitously vile.

He was just throwing leftism back in their faces, much like Trump did. He was one of the voices who fought back and counterattacked. Like Trump, the hard part for the left is that Limbaugh was often very funny. Leftists generally aren't funny at all. They're always bitter and angry about something.

Heisenberg wrote:Limbaugh was basically a more spiteful, less intelligent bin Laden. :excited:

Really? bin Laden ran a group of people that killed thousands upon thousands of people. It's more spiteful not to kill someone than it is to kill thousands?

Julian658 wrote:As a centrist I never cared for Limbaugh. IMO, he was no different than a lefty----the same tune on the opposite end of the spectrum. He was as tribal as you guys are. The left always shows more anger. The right wingers are a bit more docile.

I don't know. Michael Savage is usually pretty angry. Limbaugh used to make fun of his targets, and that's what got the left so upset with him. I thought his mocking of John Kerry was hilarious. However, I would agree that he was pretty much a Republican party kind of guy, and I think there's a lot wrong with the Republicans.

JohnRawls wrote:The amounts of suffering that those 3 produced is enormous.

What suffering? They're radio hosts. Maybe if you're feelings get hurt by what they say, but they had nothing more than the power of influence.

Julian658 wrote:Idiotic right wing ideas are considered a no go by most. OTOH, idiotic ideas by the left receive plenty of consideration.

That's where I think Limbaugh's critiques of the left were helpful. As he used to say, "illustrating absurdity by being absurd."

For all you haters, the proper way to push back on him now is to say, "Rush Limbaugh has assumed room temperature." That was his way of saying that somebody notable on the left had died.

https://twitter.com/UKTired/status/178305497055778[…]

You can't arrest someone for protesting or having[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim that the IDF deliberately targeted human[…]

Mexicans are speculating that he might use them i[…]