The Centre Ground - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By Siberian Fox
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:This sounds like a place where "liberal" is not an insult.

I'm not sure we can guarantee that, but at least it shouldn't be used as an insult and be understood to mean both liberal and conservative at the same time.

We now have enough interested parties to start the group, we just need a group leader.

slybaldguy wrote:Surely, we should elect a group leader?

Surely we should argue about which electoral system to use first?

The present situation is:

Beren
Kaiserschmarrn
KFlint
Lexington *
Nets **
Oxymoron
Siberian Fox
slybaldguy
Smilin' Dave
Technology
unbalanced zealot **

* Volunteered for group leader.
** Nominated for group leader but not confirmed willingness/ability to accept.
† Ruled out for group leader.

I assume since Lexington nominated Nets, that if Nets accepts Lexington would withdraw. But Nets is not presently a PoFo supporter member, so cannot be group leader at this time.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I will join, but only as leader.

Also, you must say my name three times in three separate posts before I lead.

I know you are anti-Fascist, but I don't know if you are seriously interested joining to discuss news and politics with this group or if you are just trolling.
By Lexington
Siberian Fox wrote:I assume since Lexington nominated Nets, that if Nets accepts Lexington would withdraw

Yep.

Unbalanced zealot would be great too if he wants it.
You know I will troll Fox, but Lex invited me and like a vampire I must now be allowed entrance.

Also I won't be a dick about it, the people on the list to join are cool. Pretty sure my trolling got me the invite.
Hmm ... it is kind of ironic having a group leader of a Centre Ground group going by the name of unbalanced zealot.

For that reason, more than any other, I would be fine to take on the position.

I think these private groups are a great idea. They might take some time to evolve and build but they do have a lot going for them IMO.

As I said, I am ok to take on the leadership role of the group if need be. Believe it or not ... balanced centerist, generally geared towards realistic pragmatism, is probably my political alignment at this point in my life. Spending 8+ years in Canberra probably drove me that way.

PS: I might try to contact Maxim and see if he wants to come back and read/occasionally post within this sub-forum?
By slybaldguy
I'm not strictly speaking a centrist either but i think this could be an interesting social experiment. Will we agree on anything at all i wonder? Given that a Centrist Party has to appeal to a large number of moderates/undecideds, i think you'll be okay.
By Nets
slybaldguy wrote:Nets is too tight-fisted to subscribe

What is that supposed to mean?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]