The Centre Ground - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By JohnRawls
The system is... interesting... to say the least. Thank you for the support.
By quetzalcoatl
At one point I thought about asking to join the far left user's group. But I don't think I really qualify for either the far left club or the centrist club. Bummer...
quetzalcoatl wrote:At one point I thought about asking to join the far left user's group. But I don't think I really qualify for either the far left club or the centrist club. Bummer...

If you don't think you qualify for that political alignment probably best not to come in.
By U184
(^ )

Conversely, if you think you might, there is no harm in applying.

However, the thought behind such groups, is to, ideally, create a unity of presence where thought aligned individual can discuss various issues in-depth, without the derailing element that one often sees with extreme opposition.

Only you can decide if your ideals place you in the center.

Do they?
But I don't think I really qualify for either the far left club or the centrist club

If he believes his politics are aligned to centrist political thought then he's welcome to come in, but it isn't a club for those too far distant from centrist thinking otherwise subjects may as well be thrashed out in the general forum with all-comers coming in from all parts of the spectrum.
By SpaciousBox
I would like to submit my name for application to this group!

I am on a gradual slide to the left, but still follow everyday politics with as much interest as I did. I think I would like to echo Zealot really; as long as the occasional revolution is acceptable... I also would very much enjoy a chance to discuss topics without the assumption that everything is a class conspiracy (not that I'm saying some of it isn't!).

I recently retook the test, and am actually further left than I have been before.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
By mikema63
I am on a gradual slide to the left, but still follow everyday politics with as much interest as I did.

All it takes is following day to day politics?

You could probably just make everyone on PoFo a member.
By U184
mikema63, you seem really agitated about this membership deal, we can make you an honorary member if you like, of course that comes with zero perks, but you'd be in..... we can call it the "Honorary Friend of the Center Ground" and you can use it as a title, hows that?
Where do I sign up?
I think we are looking for people who are somewhat aligned to centrist politics and/or employ centrist political thought to work through issues.

Just double checking that you're of that way of thinking.
By Istanbuller
I would like to join the discussion but I am not sure i am close to centre on immigration issue. I have been voting for the center since i was first able to vote in elections.
By Dyon
I think I fit the label of centrist adequately. I believe in pragmatic solutions to political issues; an approach built atop realism and compromise. I happen to lean right on immigration, although I am either centre-right or centre on most issues. I follow English and European politics too.
By Drlee
I wonder if I may be permitted to apply. I am a republican but I sit at the left side of the audience.
Istanbuller wrote:I would like to join the discussion but I am not sure i am close to centre on immigration issue. I have been voting for the center since i was first able to vote in elections.

I'm not sure on this because you've also asked to join a far right group. Maybe please wait until the voting phase is set up and revisit it then.

Blah blah. If Russia uses nukes, the rest of the […]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]