Austria-Hungary Revival Society - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
Since I'm originally from Bavaria, I practically have a birthright to be part of this. But before I inextricably bind myself to you, I need to know what I'll be getting myself into. What exactly will we be doing here? Discuss, dream, build castles in the clouds? Or will we actually go out and start The Revolution? (Or would that be The Restauration?)
Frollein wrote:What exactly will we be doing here? Discuss, dream, build castles in the clouds? Or will we actually go out and start The Revolution? (Or would that be The Restauration?)

I think we have to operate like a fan club first, then start a real movement later, we'll see how far we can get. If we get far enough, then we should contact the House of Habsburg perhaps.
Deal then. But only if we'll get out on the streets, you have to promise me that.
Fuck it I would like to see a strong Catholic Austrian empire as a counterweight to Germany, it would be nice to see it liberate the southern provinces from the Prussians.
Decky wrote:Fuck it I would like to see a strong Catholic Austrian empire as a counterweight to Germany, it would be nice to see it liberate the southern provinces from the Prussians.

Do you mean to join, Decky?
Yep, sorry if I did not make that clear. The one true faith has been too weak in Europe for too long. What nation can lead the faithfull these days? Italy? Spain?

I don't think so.
Hmm, hard to say. I mean looking at how it worked out last time I would imagine it might try to hold the Balkans at arms length. It would definetly want to retake Austria's Italian provinces though and yes it would need to have strong economic, political and perhaps military links with Poland (obviously anti-Russian).
Rei Murasame wrote:I assume that this thing also attacks Russian interests in the Balkans and Eastern Europe, right? And that it opposes the Orthodox church for its schism-devil behaviour or whatever, as well?

It seems we can start it. Would you like to be group leader? It has to be a PoFo Supporter, and we only have TIG and you as PoFo Supporters. Although I'm thinking about becoming a Supporter anyway, being a group leader, moderator, or administrator is just not my kind of thing. I guess you could do it.

Now we have:

Doomhammer
Rei Murasame
Bulaba Jones
annatar1914
The Immortal Goon
Donald
Ethiopian monarchist
Frollein
Decky
Beren
Decky wrote:Hmm, hard to say. I mean looking at how it worked out last time I would imagine it might try to hold the Balkans at arms length. It would definetly want to retake Austria's Italian provinces though and yes it would need to have strong economic, political and perhaps military links with Poland (obviously anti-Russian).

Okay, and would Friedrich von Wieser be minister of commerce?

_______

Beren wrote:It seems we can start it. Would you like to be group leader? It has to be a PoFo Supporter, and we only have TIG and you as PoFo Supporters. Although I'm thinking about becoming a Supporter anyway, being a group leader, moderator, or administrator is just not my kind of thing.

Yep, I don't mind holding the position for you. I'll give it back to you as soon as you get supporter status, this post being the proof that moderators should transfer it to you as soon as that happens, automatically.
Okay, and would Friedrich von Wieser be minister of commerce?

No!

And the more and more I think about it leaving the Balkans alone would be the right thing to do. Who the hell walks out of the powder keg of europe having gained more that they have lost? Let Russia have it, it's a poisined chalice.
Beren wrote:I think we have to operate like a fan club first, then start a real movement later, we'll see how far we can get. If we get far enough, then we should contact the House of Habsburg perhaps.

You sound at least semi-serious, was this not a spoof thread originally? If you are serious about restoring the Hapsburg dynasty, then I would like to join, if I may.
taxizen wrote:You sound at least semi-serious, was this not a spoof thread originally? If you are serious about restoring the Hapsburg dynasty, then I would like to join, if I may.

Now I'm really curious as to how far we get. If we get far enough, then we might organise a demonstration in Vienna or something. I'm about to become a PoFo Supporter, and ask everyone if they really mean to join the group.
Decky wrote:
No!

And the more and more I think about it leaving the Balkans alone would be the right thing to do. Who the hell walks out of the powder keg of europe having gained more that they have lost? Let Russia have it, it's a poisined chalice.

A poisoned chalice for non-Slavs but a potential starting point for a Russified Europe.
Beren wrote:Now I'm really curious as to how far we get. If we get far enough, then we might organise a demonstration in Vienna or something. I'm about to become a PoFo Supporter, and ask everyone if they really mean to join the group.

Very well, I also would like to see how far this can go and help it along if I can. Pofo, as a hotbed of radicalism, (and these days what could be more radical than restoring the old monarchies?) is a nice place to start something like this, but politics is a game of noise and numbers and we won't find the noisy numbers we need solely from pofo; at some point we should take this to the mainstream social media: facebook and such. Just a suggestion.
Decky wrote:And the more and more I think about it leaving the Balkans alone would be the right thing to do. Who the hell walks out of the powder keg of europe having gained more that they have lost? Let Russia have it, it's a poisined chalice.

I think I've spotted the first traitor in our midst!
Decky wrote:No!

The Ottomans managed the balkans pretty well, maybe the turks should have it.

I doubt the Russians are interested that much, they want a secure warm water port but they have that now with the Crimea. If they were looking to expand further then estonia and lithuania would be their first targets and after that would be Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and Romania. If they managed to get that far they would probably go for Hungary, Germany and Austria next rather than swing south for the balkans. At least that is what I would do.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]