The Chivalric Order of the Sun Wheel - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
That's better. It's good that you drink now. I find it hard trusting people who don't drink. I'm not sure why it's not a rational thing I've ever really sat down and thought about, I just can't grasp the idea of a person who doesn't drink.
Decky wrote:That's better. It's good that you drink now. I find it hard trusting people who don't drink. I'm not sure why it's not a rational thing I've ever really sat down and thought about, I just can't grasp the idea of a person who doesn't drink.

I don't drink. I hate alcohol, and I've known only a few others like me. The reason is that, for me at least, alcohol produces extremely unpleasant physical sensations and mental fatigue. For me, being even a little tipsy is extremely uncomfortable, while being drunk feels like I'm being suffocated, mentally and physically. I just don't understand how people can find this enjoyable.
Decky wrote:Everything is better when you have had a drink. :?: How can people not see it?

Note that the only two people in this thread who don't regularly drink are a fascist and an (ex)-libertarian. Also note that mike, who now drinks, is no longer a libertarian. Coinkydink? I think not. If only we could get Saeko on the rum, she may still be salvageable.
Heisenberg wrote:Note that the only two people in this thread who don't regularly drink are a fascist and an (ex)-libertarian. Also note that mike, who now drinks, is no longer a libertarian. Coinkydink? I think not. If only we could get Saeko on the rum, she may still be salvageable.

There is only one cure for fascism and libertarianism
Saeko is probably suffering the effects of ADH1C along with ALDH2, which create the 'alcohol flush reaction', but if ALDH2 is there it means that she wouldn't even enjoy it.

For those who have both ADH1C and ALDH2, it's like being thrown down a flight of stairs but without even getting to experience the pleasant buzz on the way down. So even tipsiness would be unpleasant in that case. It certainly does have a correlation with reduced levels of alcoholism in affected people though.

But if you have just ADH1C by itself, then tipsiness is pleasant but drunkeness is unpleasant. This too has a correlation with reduced levels of alcoholism, just not to the same extreme.

NB: East Asia has about 50% carrying ADH1C and ALDH2 together, and the other 50% carrying ADH1C by itself. South and South East Asia have 80% with ADH1B by itself which does the same thing as ADH1C by itself, and 20% have none of the above.

In Europe and Africa all of the above are at about 0%.
Heisenberg wrote:If only we could get Saeko on the rum, she may still be salvageable.

Good hypothesis old chum, but it ends at me and a lifelong healthy yet generous appreciation of the sauce. I don't know about these party cocktails and the five or seven components crazy people mix into them in those rave-like nightclubs, but I imbibe enough brown liquor and schnapps for the rest of the fascists here

Yes, we know you believe Amit Soussana is a liar ([…]

Do you get paid a certain amount of money for ev[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]