Your Four Wheeled ride..... - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Like this one. Fastest way to get to Home Depot ever.
I just finished installing a turbo muffler delete on my car.

Basically, the outlet of the turbo charger has a muffler in it to reduce turbo noise (I have no idea why anyone would not want turbo noise!). You can't just remove the muffler because the charge pipe that connect to the inter cooler needs a way to couple onto the turbo outlet. Thus, you buy this muffer delete, that fits in where the muffler goes, but it doesn't have the baffling that reduced noise. It's just a smooth pipe for air to flow uninterrupted.

Results:
I get more turbo spool sound in the cabin, and I get a louder WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH sound both in cabin, and outside. It's not obnoxious like a blow off valve, but it's more noticeable now. That said, I would still like it to be a bit louder than this, so I will try removing some more baffling. After that, I think I'll need a new intake.

I WANT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
I put a new exhaust on my CB300F (Yes it's a motorbike). Now it's louder and has a nice throaty growl to it.
The wife hates it! SUCCESS!!! :D

My car's doing great. Love it! :)

As an Oregonian, I'm legally required to have a Subaru.

I hit some black ice coming through the mountains on Christmas Eve and it slid into a ditch. Had there not been a ditch, I would have been able to just keep driving. One of the fenders has a little bit of cosmetic damage, but it so far seems alright. Starts up, no glass broken, hopefully it's a matter of replacing the tires, some tightening up, and then on my way. But I have no idea if something else might be wrong. Axels look okay, but I'd be absolutely gutted if I came back from Ireland to find that car couldn't be fixed.

While it was getting towed people kept hitting that patch of black ice and flying all over the place. One woman got her car totaled in front of my eyes and the tow truck driver and I had to rush over and puller her and her kid out of the car.

So I wasn't a total irresponsible slob about it.

I really...Really want that car to be alright. If I have to go through hell on all my plane transportation in exchange for it, it'd be worth it.
Changed the oil on my baby today.

Also changed the brake fluid on my wife's car. I did the poor man's change though. Probably largely a waste of $4, but anyway...
BeheadTheFrog wrote:Image

Honda Jazz? Looks a little different than the US version (which is called the Fit). That is a wonderful car. I owned that one before my GTI.
BeheadTheFrog wrote:Jazz, yeah, its a great car. Well, I cant really compare as its my first one ahaha. Hopefully it will last me a while :)

It will, that thing was ROOOOCK solid. 5 years in, and it idled so smoothly that sometimes I would think the car was turned off at a stop light. :lol:

Through the 5 years I had it here's what I had to do to it:
- Oil changes
- Changed the tires
- Air conditioning compressor had to get replaced.
- TPMS sensor was messed up (replaced it with the tires)

Much less issues than my current GTI. However, I knew the trade off going in. If i wanted a fun car, I was going to have to deal with a few more issues here and there.
Rancid wrote:Much less issues than my current GTI. However, I knew the trade off going in. If i wanted a fun car, I was going to have to deal with a few more issues here and there.

What makes the GTI a fun car compared to the Jazz?
Yeah, my neighbour told me the Jazz was reliable.... he also seemed to disapprove of it as a ‘girls car’ :eh: :lol:
feihua wrote:The one I am probably going to get back:

There is a loophole in the USA for cars to be imported as grey market imports. If they are at least 25 years old, none of the automobile regulations in the USA are applicable to the vehicle. Any vehicle can enter the USA as long as it is 25 years old. I want that Nissan S-Cargo back. Look at the interior:

It's a very fun ride.[/img]

This car looks HILARIOUS :lol: Just look at the size of that speedometer!! :D It looks like something you’d drive on the moon. I bet you got some looks driving around in that! :lol:
BeheadTheFrog wrote:
What makes the GTI a fun car compared to the Jazz?
Yeah, my neighbour told me the Jazz was reliable.... he also seemed to disapprove of it as a ‘girls car’ :eh: :lol:

Fuck your neighbor. My friends make fun of me when I talk about how much of a great car it is. In my Fit/Jazz, I hauled an insulation blowing machine and 7 bales of insulation! All the people at the hardware store were laughing at me "you won't be able to take all that with you in that little car." My response? "Watch me".. and I did. 8) 8) 8)

I recommended the Fit to a neighbor two doors down from me. They were looking for a small economical hatchback. They are suuuuper happy with it, and glad I recommended it.

Anyway, as for the GTI. What makes it fun?
- It's both fast (220HP) and very practical.
- Very mod-able. I've tightened up the frame with a motor mount, and opened up the turbo noise a bit by removing the muffler on the turbo. For $600 I can add 100HP, though I will do that at some point in the more distance future. Closer to when the warranty ends.
- It handles very well.
- Bang for the buck in terms of performance and handling.
- Wonderful turbo woosh sounds.
- A little bigger than the fit/jazz.
- It's a sleeper, in that it blends in with "regular" cars, but it's not a regular car.

The Ford Focus ST is a great car in the same category as well. Except it's a, a little cheaper, a little louder, a litter faster, but a little less refined than the GTI.

Overall, they are fast cheap cars.
Forgot to mention.

I would love for there to be a Fit/Jazz Si. Basically, make it just a little bigger, slap a turbo, add dynamic chassis control, put a nice sounding exhaust, few other knick knacks.

I would get rid of my GTI and jump into that super fast! I think the Fiesta ST is basically a Fit/Jazz Si. Great car too
S-Cargo?

Someone had a sense of humor. Or named it is Tokyo.
Rancid wrote:I would love for there to be a Fit/Jazz Si. Basically, make it just a little bigger

I wouldnt want to change the size of my Jazz. Its smaller than average but, on the inside, there is still plenty of room for people to sit on the back seats and loads of room in the boot.
So much more space than I was expecting for my first car plus its size makes it easy to park. I love it!
BeheadTheFrog wrote:
I wouldnt want to change the size of my Jazz. Its smaller than average but, on the inside, there is still plenty of room for people to sit on the back seats and loads of room in the boot.
So much more space than I was expecting for my first car plus its size makes it easy to park. I love it!

True true, but the reason I say to make it just a little bigger is more about the performance of the car. Basically the farther apart the wheels are, the better the car handles. Also, the engine bay is super compact, if you want to put a turbo (and intercooler) in it, you'd probably have to make the engine bay a bit longer. Odds are, they would also put in a slightly larger engine as well.

Actually, I'm guessing that's exactly the reason an Si version doesn't exist. It would require the car to become a little bigger, which they probably don't want to do. They'd rather push people into a civic si hatch or something.

Anyway, by American standards, that car is a shoebox. :lol:

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]