The Bicycle Diaries - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Red Star
I hate bicycilist who feel they deserve to share the road with cars

We have specific parts of the road that are designated for cyclists in Britain.

In Oxford, you are dead without a bike.
By QatzelOk
If you want to save the planet why dont you just fucking walk or roller blade.

I do both of those things, and bike.

If you want to destroy the planet so much, Oxymoron, why don't you just jump into a live volcano? (constructive suggestions for nihilists, part 1)

Secondly, bikes don't belong to another century. Cars belong to the age of dinosaurs.
By Unperson-S
I dont see the point in owning a car in the area I live. It seems almost everyone drives to work in Bedford, and there are horrid traffic jams on all of the roads that lead to its centre (and those that join them up), yet hardly anyone cycles.

Tommorow I am going in with a friend (who lives in the same village) and he is giving me a lift (I dont know why I asked for one) which means leaving 30 minutes earlier than by cycling. Takes me 20 minutes to get to my college, in the centre of the town takes about 40 in the car and thats with driving really fast on the country roads. The traffic is awful and because going in a car takes so long, I have less time for sleep and dont feel awake when I get to college I am not awake until I have done at least a tad of exercise.

The only thing I dont really like too much at the moment is cycling back in the dark, it is getting dark about 4.30 here which is horrible as by the time I have finished college I have to put my lights on. So coming back is taking about 5 more minutes by going on the cycle track rather than the road. But at least in winter you dont get kids and their parents going out cycling in the evening and getting under your feet (on the cycle path) but in the summer there is little point in using it.

I have to get running fit within a month so I may start staying at my dads a few nights of the week and just run to college.

And earlier than that, settlement began with set[…]

God dammit, Rich. This is like whenever anyone b[…]

The cost-of-living crisis is so bleak that some G[…]

wat0n , I think I found a quote that might help b[…]