Designer Subway Stations - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Eauz
[img]http://www.thecoolhunter.net/images/stories/_2006/PICTURES/trainstation[1].jpg[/img]
Link

Very nice but I think they make them look nicer than they really are. I have been in the London and Berlin stations and they didn't look that nice. Nevertheless, I hope some day, I can be in a city that supports the development of progressive transportation like this.
By Thunderhawk
Wasnt there several beutiful stations in Moscow back in the Soviet days?

I believe in one of the Swedish cities there are several stations (the major stations on the line) each with its own style, and done quite nice.
That one picture above does not do their whole series justice.

Downsview, Toronto:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/castelmar/ ... 90/detail/
By Russkie
Too bad America doesn't care about culture. Have you seen New York subways?
By Vladimir
Wasnt there several beutiful stations in Moscow back in the Soviet days?

actually lots, not just a few. And it's not as though they aren't there anymore)))

Just click on the station names to see them

http://www.metro.ru/stations/
By Thunderhawk
actually lots, not just a few. And it's not as though they aren't there anymore)))

Just click on the station names to see them

Seems like some of them havent been brought into the modern age, and some of them just arent all that grand.

- better looking then the majority of subway stations here in Toronto, but that isnt high praise.
By Vladimir
What do you mean by "not brought into the modern age"??
By Frank_Carbonni
Too bad America doesn't care about culture. Have you seen New York subways?

New Yorkers are the opposite of Russians. They would rather have beautiful buildings and ugly subway stations than the other way around.
By QatzelOk
About New York City, Frank wrote:beautiful buildings

It's true that New York has some buildings that look really impressive from a distance. But to say that New York City has beautiful buildings is a bit of a stretch.

It has mainly very functional and tall buildings (Manhattan) whose beauty is an accident of vertigo.

Most of New York City is surprisingly slummy, like most American cities of any size. Considering the wealth that is in America, the ugliness of the subways system in NYC is a sign of America's lack of respect for its working class.
By Doomhammer
I can boast having been to the said Viennese subway station. Volkstheater was the stop. It's near the famous museums and, obviously, the Volkstheater.

By Abood

According to my friend, Montreal has a metro station older than North Korea's. He said they were supposed to renovate the system in the 1980's, but never did.
By Lensky1917
I saw that exact same Moscow station on the History Channel, and it does really look like that. It is really too bad that all public transportation does not look that nice.
By Eauz
A society is violating human rights when they don't have a nice subway system, let alone a subway system at all.
By Thunderhawk
Abood, a Montréaler,  wrote:According to my friend, Montreal has a metro station older than North Korea's. He said they were supposed to renovate the system in the 1980's, but never did.

On the plus side, its cheaper for the passengers.
(or so I heard. Monthly pass in Toronto is $109)
By Abood
The prices are going up. They just went up January 1... although still cheaper than Toronto.

I dunno about the normal monthly pass, but the reduced rate one is $36.

I'm kinda glad the prices went up, because now they're investing in some infrastructure. They're expanding the system... and there's gonna be a station at the airport! About time!
By Oxymoron
Great station Tashkent problem being that half the population lives in poverty.
By casper77
Great station Tashkent problem being that half the population lives in poverty.

An amount of the political economy that annoys foreign investors.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is settler colonialism, Timothy Snyder […]

Just because I post statistics involving race doe[…]

You walked straight into that one @wat0n ... ;)

They believe what they want to believe, querida. […]