Technocracy a step towards the matrix? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I'm relatively new to ideas outside the political norm, from what I can gather Einstien and Hawking were technocrats, and they were good people.

But the ideas expressed here of self suffiecent energy supply, and the ability through machines to have more time for peace, and play, and thought, and life.. Would this not eventually lead to the matrix? :eh:

The matrix was originally designed as paradise.
But as Mister Smith puts it "Man is a plague even unto himself. Spreading like locusts devouring everything in it's path.."

Wouldn't eventually a crazy loon or two mess with the systematics of your perfect techno-world and create the matrix? With self suffiecenty and zero matienance on the machine's part, it doesn't seem farfetched that eventually they'd have a mind of thier own, or atleast an engine of a programmed that thought along the lines of it's creator(s)..

So really I got to wonder if technocracy is a good idea. It seems good on paper.. But ths U.S. as we know it might go from this..

To this..

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We produce large amount of drones and other robot[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the White[…]