definition of work in a technocracy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
As far as I understand, people will not have to work, in the sense that it is now. That is, they won't need to do something in order to survive, and then could pursue what they really want. But then, would they get lazy, as that is the tendency of most humans, and just sit around doing nothing, or even begin destroying rather than creating. Because, man is irrational and he would be much more inclined to create something when he is under pressure, even to the point of survival. I just want to ask if that is my correct understanding of a technocracy. How would you control laziness, and people's inclination not to pursue anything. Also, as far as i understand, in order to keep machines functional, there would be a voluntary group that oversees these machines. But then, why would they volunteer, what good is it for them?
This probably was asked before, so if there's an answer to this, please redirect me. Thanks in advance, I am eager to understand.
World War II Day by Day

On paper, and to a great extent in practice too, […]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]