The University - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Russkie
Why haven't anyone experimented with schools taking political power?
I sure Universities can make more rational decisions unlike Bush , the religous maniac. Professors can act like senators and contribute to the main administration.
By Tangerine
But that isn't the place of a university. Universities are there to either learn or teach. Preferably both. :) They aren't there to run nations.
By Einherjar
Universities are nothing by themselves..they teach what the state wants to.
By Russkie
You say that a university is nothing more than just a learning center. Shouldn't we be all in a process of constant learning and upgrading our facts.

An interviewer asked Bush who is the president of Chechnya and he said I don't know before. Even I knew that.

People often forgot everything once they leave school. I get really angry to see fully grown adults forgot how to do geometry or multiply 15 by 1000.

Technocracy is a state based on science and constant research.
By Le Rouge
People often forgot everything once they leave school. I get really angry to see fully grown adults forgot how to do geometry or multiply 15 by 1000.

You think that's bad? Slightly less than half of Americans don't know the sun is a star let alone it's name is Sol.
By Russkie
I learned the Sun was a star when I was in 4th grade. :hmm:

Anyway, can we get back to the point. And do not argue about the American universities, they are a joke compared to the european and Soviet/Russian universities. I know you americans just love to party instead of learn nuclear physics.
By Russkie
Why do you people have doubts?

You claim that the University's job is just to learn. You can argue that about the military as well, which is just to kill enemies. And we all know we had a huge history in military dictatorships.
By Tangerine
There's absolutely no point in creating Universities which wield the automatic right to decide on rational decisions, as Universities in a Technate will be there for this purpose only: to educate the populace in the most thorough, effective and efficient manner possible. If a University in a Technate does any different, it’ll probably be called an association or a club, or something similar.

The public will vote on rational decisions, most likely. Or a board of prominent thinkers will be set up (which is elected either directly or indirectly by the public) and they decide the Technate's rational decisions. Or perhaps this board will make the relevant information present to the Technate, and then the populace decide individually on the factual information what they so desire from the specified choices. Hell, if you want let's assume prominent teachers are part of this board.

In any case this speculation is irrelevant. The job of a Technate is simply to provide the maximum amount of resources available freely to the public – and in equal measure to the public; to distribute these resources quickly and efficiently and employing as little energy as possible during this distribution. That’s it basically; everything else will probably have to be decided once that system is in place. So I could be wrong - you could be right. What we can be sure of is that when that time comes (humph… I mean, if that time comes) the best possible approach will be decided by the best possible people at deciding that approach. :)

And any ways Universities will be completely different from the ones we're used to now. That's for sure.
By Contemplation
As there often develops an elitism among a ruling class, that class may as well be the intellectual class, not only because they are more likely to govern benevolently and proactively with foresight and wisdom, but because they are less likely to develop an elitist system wherein people are denied power despite ability to use it intelligently.

If a nation were to be ruled by a university, the university would have to be accessible to at least those who have the intelligence to argue effectively with the rulers, if not everyone in the country in some way, shape, or form. If this doesn't happen, then the univeristy and the population of the nation are likely to grow apart from one another, and when the people cannot relate to a government that doesn't understand their plights then stability is created.

If the university is to be exclusive to the educated majority, it must be benevolent; a quality that I wouldn't apply to any organizations that have existed through human history. If the university is not to be exclusive to the majority, it must involve in some way the uneducated majority in governance, or ensure (through mass education) that the uneducated are a negligible minority.

We all know that intellectualism, when left unchecked by compassion or morality, is a source of egotism. When a ruling class becomes egotistical, and especially when they are recognized as such by other classes, and even moreso when that egotism leads to an exploitation by the ruling class of the other classes, disharmony is created between that class and the others, causing instability and ultimately regression.

If we are to have leaders, they should be accountable, numerous, intelligent and ethical; it must be ensured that they are both. This is accomplished through education, democracy and the maintenance of fellowship between leaders and those who they lead.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Also, the evacuation of Rafah has not started. De[…]

@Deutschmania Not if 70% are American and 70% […]

"Five years later, Ms. Pelosi has stepped dow[…]

The interesting thing about the police repression […]