Robotic future? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Comrade Ogilvy
At some point in time we will be able to create robots that areclever enough and has the agilaty to do all our work for us. What will happen with the echonomy then? What will happen to the average joe?

Clearly we cant get paid since we dont have jobs.

Will "stuff" become gratis?
By Comrade Ogilvy
This has basically already happened.

Yeah but im talking about when robots do ALL our work . As in EVRYTHING.

what then? :?:
By Tangerine
That is what Technocracy is about Tech. :) We have the technology for robots to do so now.
By Tangerine
Ha! Well, we don't have the technology to build one of those super-strong, AI time-travelling robots yet, but we do have the technology for humans to never work in mundane tasks again. In fact we've had this capability for some time now. The reason we do not employ such robots at this moment in time is simply due to the fact that there wouldn't be any jobs left for humans if they did, and hence people could not buy as they wouldn't be receiving any wages!

Technocracy is a system whereby robots do all the work, and a system whereby resources would be spread around equally to all the population. All we’d need to do is press a button, and whatever we wanted (say, a super computer the size of a laptop – which would be possible to produce and provide in a Technate for every single person) would be automatically formed in a factory and sent to your house in an hour or less.

This, of course, is only one of the advantages of a Technate. You should read it up! By the way, this is a very good question!
By Comrade Ogilvy
Yeah from what I understand we are about 15 years away of creating robots/cyborgs that can match human intelligence and agilaty.

To be honest im abit worried. :|
By Mr. Anderson
Now wait, I can see why you say there are problems with the price system in many other respects. How would the price system be responsible for disasters like Chernobyl and such that were accidental? The organizations involved did not have any incentive for them to occur. How is the price system responsible? From what I can see, Chernonbyl could have happened in a technocracy too. Accidents will always happen -- technocracy or not.
By Comrade Ogilvy
I posted this in Corky park.

but maybe you guys here will apreciate this clip more than the rest

By Comrade Ogilvy
Actually its all an animation. You can easily spot that the robot has been cut and pasted into thoose scenes.

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]