Technocracy's Prevalence - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Apollos
Perhaps the question has been asked before, and I'm sorry if it as. I just have to ask:

Is this ideology kind of extinct at this point? Maybe they just don't live in California, but I've never met someone who advocated technology as the solution to social problems.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Support seems to be waning (at least to me), but that shouldn't matter because the merits of Technocracy don't (or shouldn't) depend on its constituency, but its content.

It's my belief that critical multi-disciplinary analysis of the operating characteristics of today's socio-economic system will lead to designs of new systems that converge to the ideal system already defined by Technocracy.

If not in North America, I know of several parties in Russia that attribute their ideology to Technocracy, so if and once these ideas gain influence, it might have a catalystic effect in North America.

It took many talented people from different discplines and years of research to reach the conclusions of Technocracy. I've yet to see another system (political or otherwise) that can be credited with as much invested research and brainpower.
By Potemkin
It took many talented people from different discplines and years of research to reach the conclusions of Technocracy. I've yet to see another system (political or otherwise) that can be credited with as much invested research and brainpower.

Communism? Hell, even capitalism has had its think tanks for generations now.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Great minds are once in a century. Some are communists and some are capitalists, but they're all products of their socio-economic conditions, and so would sooner use science as a means to further their political ends, rather than vise versa.

But Technocracy is the only competent organized effort to conduct scientific research and engineer a solution for the problems of the current socio-economic system.

http://www.technocracy.org/?p=/FAQ/section3/f1

Parallel efforts in the Soviet Union ("OGAS", later called "DISPLAN") by such people as V. M. Glushkov only reinforce the notion that Technocracy has a solid scientific foundation.

Great Soviet academic this guy, by the way - physicist, mathematician, scientist, engineer, cybernetician, etc. Go google up "V M Glushkov".
By Comrade Ogilvy
By the way, there's already an 'official' answer to this topic in the FAQ:

http://www.technocracy.org/?p=/FAQ/section3/f10

It is interesting to note how many other organizations have sprung up in the last decade whose objectives and/or observations either overlap or coincide with Technocracy's analysis and synthesis. Without even knowing it, these organizations are informing the public of at least some of Technocracy's principles, principles discovered well before most of the people in these organizations were even alive. This would seem to validate Technocracy.

It has also been noticed that the disruptions in both the environment and in the economy in the last few years have been turning more and more interest towards Technocracy, an indicator that a new growth period may be imminent.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]