Transformation to a technocracy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Of all the ideas I've come across, this one holds the ultimate promise of the future. It's The Jetsons, flying cars and jetpacks... God I want a jetpack... The problem I see though is in how you get there. It's already been mentioned that it can't work on less than a continental scale. Does anyone here have a continent I can use to give it a try? I don't think I've seen a single member here promoting imperialism, so we're just waiting for what would be a minimum of 10 contiguous countries to get together on this? The fact is this idea, while great, while exciting, and while it is something that may well come to pass, has no room for cohabitation with the current lifestyle. No doubt we need change in the country and the world, but solutions will be found only between balanced conservative reform and permanent revolution.

This gives me an idea... Maybe we can get the dems and reps to give up control to the libertarians for awhile so a free market can figure out interstellar travel and the technocrats can get established on a new planet or a moon somewhere. And then, once we've got good, productive self sufficient outstanding quality of life for all we can unfreeze the elephants and donkeys and let them go back to screwing everyone... I won't mind, I'm watching my entertainment wall, popping whatever it is I got hooked on when the libertarians were in control. Everyone wins.

And then I realized I just wrote a synopsis for Farenheit 451 and I got pissed, cause that was a cautionary tale and I hoped my idea would actually happen.

OK, so really I'm just revealing my ignorance on Technocracy. I do find it interesting, but I'm not sure how much time I'm willing to devote to it if someone can't give me a reasonable idea as to how it could ever possibly be launched.

My only beginning thought; I remember watching a Discovery channel thing on a theoretical city built on the ocean. I remember it being cost prohibitive beyond the likes of the $800M Queen Mary 2 which, while representative of a basic urbanate as I understand it is far from self sufficient. I think in order for this to work it'd have to be in a fixed location, a boat simply won't do. That's 10x the work and cost at least of the QM2. And that's for one urbanate. Multiply that by roughly 100 urbanates to get started. The abundance will need to be created in an artificial setting like an ocean city. It's a cost of nearly $1 trillion. I know 'cost prohibitive' isn't supposed to be a part of a technocracy, but the first one established will have to be bought and paid for before beginning operation, no collective government can be established from existing ones to do it. There'd need to be 75% support in order to begin to think about a government sponsored conversion. Or like I said, maybe I'm completely ignorant of the topic. Can it be merged with current culture over a term of 40-50 years in the manner of all other social movements in the US?[/url]

No, ethnicity is cultural. Race is biological. A […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]