Teh US vs Europe Flame thread (involves Football) - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Comrade Ogilvy
Thats f'ing moronic. Thats like saying formula 1 drivers should wear less fire protection than go cart racers because they're not nancy boys... :roll: :roll: :roll:
By Hibbett Assistant Coach ¼
If you werent such an idiot and realized how strong football players were, you wouldnt be making such stupid comments. You see NFL players are agile, big and strong, so when they hit eachother there is a strong possibility of some one getting severily hurt. That is why they wear pads. It also shows they are smarter because they realize this danger.

:roll:
By repr0bate
No it isn't. It's like saying a person inside a tank should wear less body armour than a person in a go-kart in a combat situation. Because the tank is...oh yeah, bigger (i.e. stronger) and faster.

Ah, I'm just busting your collective balls anyway. I couldn't care less which sport is 'better'. I'll watch and play mine, you play yours. I've played yankball, football and rugby and they're all fun.
By Comrade Ogilvy
A soldier 'wears' a tank into battle because he's smart. As opposed to the moron only armed with a mask and AK-47. Not because he's a nancy boy. Get it?
By repr0bate
Since when was this about intelligence? I'm talking about physical strength/confidence. 'Nancy boy' doesn't have any implications to do with intellect.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Being an idiot does not make your brave or tough. It just makes you a moron.
By era o divertimento
I'm starting to find this topic is causing an anti-Darwinism reaction in me.
By repr0bate
You have mad tangent skills Canes.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's eight. Boyakasha.
By The Second Coming of Rock
American football and rugby are two TOTALLY different sports. They are not all that comparable. I have played both on organized teams.
They are also two diferent kinds of toughness. I have known good rugby players who couldn't hit real hard in pads foot ball and good american football hitters who could not hit hard in no pads (as compared to a rugby player) It is like saying that basketball players are better than hockey players. Yes there is still two goals and people are trying to get objects in them but the games are so diferent.
The bottom line is that football pads ARE FOR THE PERSON WHO IS DOING THE HITTING. They are not to protect the taker of the hit (except the helment) so much as to allow the tackler to not break his shoulder/ribs/face. A rugby hit is so completely diferent. You don't throw yourself at the runner as weapon. You use different partys as weapons that you weild.
I don't know...both sports are tough physically and fun to watch.
Neither come anywhere near the ultimate sport...wrestling. Greco roman, amreican freestyle, turkish, shoot fighting, no holds barred. Put your best running backs and meanest linebackers in the ring and watch them beg...
By era o divertimento
TTT. Nice post.

And if your user name is an ode to a former boxer with that nickname, I promise to agree with you on all subjects, regardless of your opinion, including mandatory baby killing.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Being an idiot does not make your brave or tough. It just makes you a moron.

Yup, and you should know.
By Comrade Ogilvy
A soldier 'wears' a tank into battle because he's smart. As opposed to the moron only armed with a mask and AK-47. Not because he's a nancy boy. Get it?

No, that would be the difference between cavalry and infantry.

Come on, keep on postin funny examples.
By Haraldur
Neither come anywhere near the ultimate sport...wrestling. Greco roman, amreican freestyle, turkish, shoot fighting, no holds barred. Put your best running backs and meanest linebackers in the ring and watch them beg...

Glima! Why will noone listen to me when I offer them the Light?
By Batko
Canes wrote:NFL Europe

:lol:
By Comrade Ogilvy
Yup, and you should know.
Hardy hardy har... what a real knee jerker. That was cute, did your momma teach you that one?

I too believe its funny Batko... that make the SECOND football league Europe has had. And at least the THIRD football leauge OUTSIDE of the US.

But no, you guys are right, ONLY in the US does football exist. :roll: :roll:
By Einherjar
Well rugby is more amusing than football (soccer).. American football is sissy, it's no fun to see fortified walls bumping against each other.
European rugby is great..its a delight watching different celtic tribes battling each other (except italy).. ;)
Last edited by Einherjar on 17 Feb 2005 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Hardy hardy har... what a real knee jerker. That was cute, did your momma teach you that one?

Ohhhhhh dramatic. Running out of arguements ehh?

But no, you guys are right, ONLY in the US does football exist. Roll eyes

Once again, its not football when they dont kick the ball with their feet.

Come one, keep posting.. Continue to make a cock out of yourself.
By Karna
Hi

I'm a Brit. I can take American football as a sport, though it has too many breaks and player substitutions for my tastes, though I guess that's what You're brought up with. I can watch Baseball, even though our closest sport is called rounders and is played by kids at school who haven't the patience for cricket. The thing that makes me grind my teeth is when, in the American football, they call it the world series when only the Americans can get into it. Now I've heard about the American Ego problem but...

Karna

Oh I'll accept these are sports, if you guys can accept snooker and darts.

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]

Zionism was never a religious movement basing i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]