Sport Teams - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Gnote
NHL: Montreal Canadiens (best team in the history of sports)

CFL: Saskatchewan Roughriders

NFL: New England, Indianapolis

MLB: Toronto, Boston (though Schilling pissed me off)

NBA: Whichever team has the least criminals on it (I truly hate the NBA and more generally basketball).
By Gnote
TN, so I have heard.

I just can't get into it. I think the main reason I hate basketball is Vince Carter. Biggest pussy, band-aid, whatever you want to call him, yet his whining never ceases.
By Pope Perseus Peptabysmal
MLB: Kansas City Royals (Not a big fan though, only been to two or three games and never seen on on TV)

NBA: Blegh. Don't watch it enough to have a favorite.

NHL: Well, I would be a fan of the future Kansas City team to move there. Doesn't look like it will happen, regardless of a lockout.

College BBall: University of Kentucky Wildcats. Biatch.

College Fball: I'd go for UK, but they've only had like 20 wins in like 5 seasons. I favored USC to win because OU fans get annoying around here.

NFL: Kansas City Chiefs. Draftin' with the 15th pick, assuming King Carl gits 'er dun with defensive picks and maybe a good offensive pickup, they could be a contender next season.
By Batko
Ha... Good thread.

Football (the real one):

England : Arsenal (it's a French team and I'm a chauvinist in sports ;) ), Nottingham Forest (for sentimental reasons)

France : St-Etienne !! (Of course!)

Germany, Spain, Italy : None.

Netherlands : AJAX !! (of course!)

Scotland : Celtic

ICI, TOUT EST VERT ET TOUT EST SAUVAGE
By bradley
oh putain pas un Vert...

ALLEZ L'OL!!! Champions!
By Bricktop
I hate Arsenal, and Chelsea, and all those other boutique clubs...

Drummond :hmm:
By Batko
oh putain pas un Vert...

ALLEZ L'OL!!! Champions!

:roll:
St-Etienne = 10x champions (can you see the star over the logo? Your poor "Gones" have still to win the championship 7 times to get it... :D )

PS : Bradley, I hate you. ( ;) )
By Batko
I hate Arsenal, and Chelsea, and all those other boutique clubs...

Drummond

Though you support Paris SG... :roll:
By nach0king
Who are owned by Canal bloody Plus.
By Bricktop
Yes well i dont follow the French league much, and liked them many years ago.. so i thought i would mention them. I didnt know they were owned by Canal Plus :p..

Can someone give me a rundown on the clubs of France and what each is like? Thanks.

Drummond
By Attila The Nun
College BBall: University of Kentucky Wildcats. Biatch.

Men's, Women's, or both?
By Pope Perseus Peptabysmal
Men's, but I'm under the impression that the ladies aren't too shabby either.
By Batko
Can someone give me a rundown on the clubs of France and what each is like? Thanks.

:?:
Sorry mate, no comprendo.
("Lapin compris" like they say in Quebec)

What do you mean by "rundown"??
By Crazy Brown Guy
I used to be a big sports fan but now don't watch much... lost all interest in sports

NHL - GO LEAFS GO!!!

CFL - ARGOS (I live 10 mintues from where the new stadium is going to be built.... so uber cooooooool)

Cricket - SRI LANKA

Football - I hate the Titans...

Basketball - I hate them all especialy the Lakers

Baseball - Jays suck but don't watch because I'll fall a sleep if i watch it...

Soccer - I hate to watch soccer... fucking puts me to sleep...

Winter Olympics - Canada, China... or anyone as long as US don't win any medals

Summer Olympics - same as above
By bradley

each and all are crap because every year other bigger leagues plunder the all-too-willing-to-depart starlets of the club. This situation will continue until the league is rich enough to be able to import players and hold on to its own.

also, Olympique Lyonnais are the best. Monaco were european vice-champions last year (unexpectedly, and have since shaken the team up as always happens with every victorious french team, losing much quality in the process)

there you go.
By Batko
each and all are crap because every year other bigger leagues plunder the all-too-willing-to-depart starlets of the club.

That's mainly because they are hugely more taxed in France than in those countries (GB, Italy, Spain...) .
The French league is rich (C+ payed recently 600M €/Year for TV exclusive rights), that's not the problem. Though French clubs are not authorized in France to live in permanent financial deficits like english, spanish or Italian Clubs (No Real Madrid is possible here). Monaco is the exception (because of its particular status), that's why they can afford to get some decent players while playing perpetually in front of half a dozen of fans in their luxuous empty stadium.

Bradley,
UnE EtOiLe S'eSt GrAvée SuR NotRe FaNiOn Ce Qui N'aRriVeRa JaMaiS SuR CeLui De LyOn...
:p
By bradley
(C+ payed recently 600M €/Year for TV exclusive rights)

it's getting better, sure.

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]