Unofficial PoliticsForum Fantasy Baseball League - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Unperson-S
2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate Ummm :?:

See, has a great ring to it :p
By Unperson-S
I just read that the season doesnt start until April the 3rd!!

I feel conned.
By briansmith
The league draft will occur before that though, Simsydav. So there is something to look forward to in the near future. :lol:
By uglygoat
and in five years those first round picks may get a pro contract. ;) biesbol is one of my favorite sports, killed by steriod junkies bonds and mcguire...
By Captain Hat
Username: CaptainHat85

Team: Baltimore Hats

EDIT: When/How do we choose players?
By Luke
Someone post here when the Draft date is available
By briansmith
Alright. I'm waiting for the league to fill up first, then I will post instructions for how to edit pre-draft rankings. The draft will be set for a week after that.
By Wilhelm
I have to admit I don't know too much about baseball. Only the basic rules on how to play. So, where can I take a crash course on all those drafting thingies, and the different player attributes?
By Unperson-S
Watch hook. You can learn about it at the start of the film, and then near the end, when theyre playing with the pirates.
By Wilhelm
I know how it is played. I don't know about those player attributes. I don't know how to choose a good player.
By Unperson-S
Nor do I. Guess! Pick one at random, you never know, you might pick the best ones. Thats what Im gonna do.
By briansmith
Watch out Hat, don't draft too much Oriole pitching or you'll be down for the count before you even know it. :lol:

To be fair, Ponson was the ace of my fantasy staff last year for a good chunk of the beginning of the season, and I too stocked up on Orioles. At one point, I had Sidney Ponson, Rodrigo Lopez, Jorge Julio, Jay Gibbons, Rafael Palmeiro, Javy Lopez, Brian Roberts, Melvin Mora, and Miguel Tejada all on one fantasy team.
By Luke
based on how your players perform in real life games, you get a certain amount of points, and the more points you get the better, most points win. I'm not sure if it's head to head - you're matched up against 1 person and get a win or a loss, or if it's total points - at the end of the season person with most points wins (as opposed to wins/losses in head to head)
By Wilhelm
Oh, I thought it simulated games based on the players' ratings, and certain amount of a random factor. As in other fantasy games I've played.

This sucks.
By briansmith
Seriously? You guys didn't know how fantasy baseball works? :lol:

Well, don't worry about it - this is pretty fun too, but it's not a simulation. It uses real performance.
By Luke
we wouldn't be waiting for the real season to start if it was just random

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]

Well if you arrest people for not approving of is[…]

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]