NFL Fans thread - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Khenlein
The AFC championship is going to be the "Superbowl", just like the inevitable Dallas-San Francisco NFC championship used to be the superbowl.

I don't think the two top teams in the NFC (and that isn't saying much, when sub-500 teams are in the playoff hunt in December), Philly and Atlanta, can match up against New England or Pittsburgh in January, I just don't see it happening.

Mcnabb and Co. are destined to be the Buffalo Bills of their day ( a statement which pains me by the way, my favorite team of all time was the Bills of the early 90s, there was/is nothing like seeing Kelly and his no huddle offense marching down the field).
By Demosthenes
Oh the Philly bashers are out in force today.

I have one sentiment for ALL of you and I hope the admin see it and tell me to behave:

FUCK YOU ALL! :muha1: :muha1: :muha1:

First off:

Goranhammer said:
May as well jump on the Eagles bandwagon.

Hope aboard, there's plenty of room!

Gabriel Anthony said:
Update: The NFC still blows.
I would comment on your mother but since I mostly like you I'll just refer you to my first comment in this thread.

Tsaler said:
I can't believe the Cowboys lost to the Saints.

Ok, I get it you don't like Philly caue you hate the local fans. Same reason I despise the Chiefs and Rams. But seriously you can't actually be rooting for Dallas can you? C'mon that's just wrong and you know it! I mean Dallas??? WTF??? They are by far the most hated team in the league for good reason...I'm so ashamed. I wouldn't root for Denver, the Raiders, or San Diego (mostly because they suck but c'mon...)

Eauz said:
When did Soccer become so popular in America?

Boooo American Football!
Go away Euroboy. Nobody needs to hear your lame proclamtions. I challange any Euro Soccer team to play a game of American Football with the worst team in the league...oh that's right, they can't...

Tsaler quipped:
And the Redskins desperately need a quarterback. Last night was really embarassing. If they had a quarterback, they would have beaten the Eagles, and I would be in a much better mood today.
I'm glad you're in a bad mood today. It makes my day that much better. Funny how New England and Pittsburgh have squeaked out more close wins than Philly this year but no one pulls out the old "if onlies" for them...Blasphemer!!!

Gnote intoned:
I hate to disagree with Demo again, but I have to say that feelings about the current NFL season are as follows:

ABBP

Anybody But Philly.

I hate McNabb, and I hate Owens even more. I hope Pittsburgh or New England crushes them in the SuperBowl.
Don't lie you don't hate to disagree at all...You love it!

I understand hating Owens, if he played for any other team but Philly I'd hate him too. But you can't tell me if he played for your team you'd feel any different than I do. But anyway how can you hate McNabb? I mean seriously he's easily one of the classiest players in the league. He never talks shit. He's always a perfect gentleman and consumate statesmen. I mean I even understand hating a rival team, but please you have to give respect where it's due. Fault McNabb for his on field performance over the last few years if you must, but I can't beleive anyone would reallly hate him. What the hell has he done that makes anyone hate him?

And I doubt your AABP very much. In fact I would say AABNE. They've won enough lately. I mean if you wanna hate the evil people hate the ones that have won it too much lately. And I DID like them until they won it last year. Enough is enough.

Tsaler bellowed:
Last night's game was great for that, Gnote.
No, it wasn't. It was just a close division game between long time rivals. Division games are always tough no matter which team is good and which is in total disarray. In fact in previous seasons that kind of let down game would have been lost by Philly. It's a testament to their tenacity that they even won it all. So poop on you foul weather Eagles fan.

Owens got smacked around like a little girl by the Redskins defence.
You're wishing... :roll:

If only Fred Smoot had caught the ball on the play where Josh Parry obliterated Shawn Springs
He didn't, they lost and they deserved to loose.

McNabb would have been shown how lucky he has been to have played against largely crappy defenses all season long.
Somebody needs to take a long look at the defence rankings in the NFL I think. This isn't true and is merely a simplistic argument against them. The AFC may have better records but they also have teams like Indy and the Cheifs with no defences to speak of.

He thinks he can get away with making any ol' stupid throw, and he'll soon learn that it doesn't work like that when you're playing good teams, like the top AFC teams.
You haven't been watching McNabb this year then. He doesn't make these allegedly stupid throws. Witness his extremely low interception rate. If you factor in the number of INTs that were becasue of deflections you find your statement to be even more false... >:

Fault him for some inconsistancy in his accuracy to be sure but don't say he makes stupid throws, that's just wrong.

Flopflipper said:
When teams are losing games because of bad ref calls, it is time to complain.
Please...bad calls happen. they always have and they always will. I could just as easily say your mighty Seachickens should be could enough to overcome a bad call even if it takes points off th eboard. Good teams do this. Bad teams just whine about it

I just hope the Packers can get some payback on the Eagles in the playoffs.
Well, lik emyold Grandma used to say, you can shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first... :knife: :muha1:

Kylie said:
I have a question, when are they going to lose? Seriously? Why are they doing so well this year? Luck? Skill? What's going on here?
Luck is for loosing teams. WHile some good teams seem to get a lot of breaks, usually it's a lot of skill that generates that luck. The Steeler's defence is dominating. Their rookie QB is playing quite well, and the Bus is up and running again. They have two very good, big, wide reveivers who match up against the leagues best corners, and a decent tight end who ressurected his career from his time in Buffalo. Oh, and lest I forget they have one of the top three coaches in the league. Cowher is absolutely a genius on the field. Plus he's a man's man. He deserves alot of respect.

Being the only team responsible for the sole losses of the other two one-defeateds is also quite dangerous. Particularly if they can force New England to play in Pittsuburgh in January. I saw the other day that no kicker has made a 50 plus yard FG at Heinz field ever, due to the notorious crosswinds. If the Steelers could neutralize Vinitieri in the play-offs, their chances are very good to be the AFC Super Bowl Representative.

And, Philly should fear both Pittsburgh and New England. They represent the only viable threats to Eagle dominance. San Diego wouldn't beat them. Indy might, but it's 50-50. The Jets wouldn't stand a chance. There isn't a viable NFC threat to the Eagles. Carolina can bring it on if they think they are man enough. Last year won't happen again.

Canes said:
There is no ref bias towards NE or Philly... they're just better teams than most. As is Pittsburgh

My dream is to the Panthers knock PHilly out of the NFC playoffs...
I'm sorry that your dreams will not be fulfilled. And curse you, you Neo-Con bastard!

GA opined:
I don't think the two top teams in the NFC (and that isn't saying much, when sub-500 teams are in the playoff hunt in December), Philly and Atlanta, can match up against New England or Pittsburgh in January, I just don't see it happening.
Oh, Philly mathes up better than you think, but unfortunatley I do agree that it would be a real challenge to beat either team. Doesn't mean it won't happen though.

Mcnabb and Co. are destined to be the Buffalo Bills of their day
You're wrong. They are more like the early-mid 90s Steelers who appeared in one Super Bowl but lost, and also lost in what? 3-4 AFC championship games...

But that will change soon anyway.

So all you Cockknockers can fritter away your NFL seasons in utter ignonomy. While I will bask in the glory that is to come. Even a Super Bowl loss to New England or Pittsburgh is a victory of sorts, though a tad bitter, I admit. It's nothing like rooting for lousy teams already planning their off season golf outings! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Eauz
Demosthenes wrote:Go away Euroboy. Nobody needs to hear your lame proclamtions. I challange any Euro Soccer team to play a game of American Football with the worst team in the league...oh that's right, they can't...

Apparently, having visited Europe for a year means I must be a European. Or is it the fact that I said "football" = "soccer" ? And the last time I checked, there was European Football(American version), so I would suggest you speak with an expert in that department. Why would Soccer players play a game of American football against American football players? It would be like saying, "The Ottawa Senators challenge the Philly Eagles to a match of Hockey" :muha1:
By Demosthenes
Apparently, having visited Europe for a year means I must be a European.
I can't be bothered to keep track of all of you new people and your various histories and travels. You sounded like a European, so I assumed as much. I now assume under your location line where it reads "Soviet Canuckstan" that you must be one of the internet commies from Canada... How quaint.

And the last time I checked, there was European Football(American version),

Yeah, and it's a farm league, sponsered by the NFL, ad stocked with American players trying to make American teams. The rules require the teams to carry at least 6 players from the country of the team's origin but other than one kicker, none of these nationals has made it to the BIG leagues in the NFL. SO maybe you need to speak to some experts...Oh, you are talking ot me, that should be the next best thing.

Why would Soccer players play a game of American football against American football players? It would be like saying, "The Ottawa Senators challenge the Philly Eagles to a match of Hockey"

You're the one who had to come into a thread that didn't involve you and shoot off your mouth. THe burden is on you to prove the superiority of the sport YOU talked smack about, not me. Besides I'm nearly as big a Hockey fan as I am of American football so I wouldn't talk shit about Hockey... :roll:

You cannot win a sports argument with me when it pertains to American Football or North American Hockey. I a far, far more knowledgable in both sports than you can ever hope to be. Perhaps in 15 years you may know half of what I do, maybe then we can continue the discussion on a semblance of even footing...of course in 15 more years my sheer brilliance will have improved exponentially so...maybe not even then afterall...

{Edit-} I did some checkingon defenses came up with some interesting statistics.

New England only played or will play 5 games against teams with top 10 yardage defenses: Those are Miami ( :roll: ) The Jets X2, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. Record so far: 2-1 with 2 games to go.

Philly played/will play 6 games against top defenses: Pittsburgh, Washington X2, Baltimore, and the New York Giants X2. Record so far: 5-1 with no games left.

Pittsburgh however, plays/will play 8: Washington, Buffalo, New York Jets, Baltimore X2, Miami ( :roll: ), Jacksonville, and the New York Giants. Record so far: 5-1 with 2 games to go.

Pittsburg is ranked number 1 in over all yardage, Philly and New England are 12th, and 13th respectively.

These aren't large margins, though admittedly they favor Pittsburgh.

You might say this is skewed for some reason, and might want to compare the records of teams played in these top 10 so:

(division opponents records counted twice.)

Pittsburgh: 52-54 = 49.05%
    New England: 40-25 = 61.53%
    Philly: 38-40 = 48.71%

Again, these margins aren't huge, though this time they favor New England, but having only played 5 games against top ten defenses makes this edge a little suspect...
By Comrade Ogilvy
I'm glad you're in a bad mood today. It makes my day that much better. Funny how New England and Pittsburgh have squeaked out more close wins than Philly this year but no one pulls out the old "if onlies" for them...Blasphemer!!!
When Philly stars playing in a league that DOESNT feild playoff contenders with losing records come talk to the AFC.
I'm sorry that your dreams will not be fulfilled. And curse you, you Neo-Con bastard!
I bet you said that last year didnt you?
By Demosthenes
When Philly stars playing in a league that DOESNT feild playoff contenders with losing records come talk to the AFC.
The AFC has contenders with loosing records as well, they are just extreme longshots. For that matter the top few teams in the NFC vying for a play- off spot can at least go 9-7, which is a winning record, I might note! So until it actually HAPPENS that a team with a loosing record gets in, all those comments are meaningless...

I bet you said that last year didnt you?

Nope. I was wary of Carolina last year because they looked like an NFC version of the Patriots. I was wary of Tampon Bay the year before because they looked like an NFC version of Baltimore. I was mildly optomistic against the Rams (and rightly so, if you remember the game) because I suspected we could beat them (remember we led going into the 4th quarter), and didn't blow it until the last series when McNabb made one of Tsaler's aforementioned bad decesions and threw the ball to Aneas Williams on 4th down with less than 2 minutes to play, sealing the game for the Rams...

This year we look like a newer version of those Rams, or perhaps we harken back even further to the 80s 49ers...Most of these kids don't remeber them, but I know you do. You know I'm not dreaming. Though, of course it remains to be seen whether THIS Eagles team can turn in a premeir perofrmance like those Niner's teams did...
By Eauz
Wiki will explain everywhere for you Demo.

and I didn't realize I challenged you in knowledge of hockey either, which is yet another idiotic sport. Nonetheless, I'm only joking with you to get you started, I thank you for your reaction, just classic... :lol:
By Demosthenes
Hey, if you can't talk shit about sports what is there to talk shit about?

and Soccer is still a girly sport played by european cheese eaters! :muha1:
By bradley
you've never been to South America i take it.

also, we don't play soccer, we play Football. You play rugby with pads on and lots of starting and stopping and dress up like a spandex knight with a motorbike helmet on.

even so, an aside on why soccer may actually be an appropriate name...

it is in fact the name we gave it back when the sport schismed to form the seperate codes of football. While rugby football became known as rugby (or rugger) association football became known as soccer, an abbrieviation of association. If you dig around you'll find several other names which were taken up by the various other codes.

Soccer is in fact the true specific name of the game given football covers a whole range of sports, and as American Football grew out of the same roots it has every right to the title especially given over the centuries we've been playing the game in England in all but the last 140 odd years it more closely resembled American Football than soccer.

from http://www.ukfootballforums.co.uk/index ... st&p=91254
By Demosthenes
What? No more trash talk? It was ust getting good...what are you all wuesses? :knife:
By Khenlein
Demos;

What team has 1 loss in its last 27 games? (in Football, not baseball or Basketball)

In addition to 2 of the last 3 Superbowls?

Hint: Its not the Bengals.

:D
By Pope Perseus Peptabysmal
Great, a Patriots fan. Just because you rolled Carolina and St. Louis in the superbowl does not make you good.
By briansmith
They didn't roll either of those teams. They won by a last-second field goal both times.
By Demosthenes
Yeah, and take away one extremely questionable "tuck rule" call in New England's favor and you can take that first one away...

But you can't so whatever, two Super Bowls, and they deserve it. But hey like I said I have always liked New England but after last years win, they've won enough now and need a serious ass kicking. They are in danger of becoming another hated verision of Dallas or San Francisco.
By | I, CWAS |
Gabriel Anthony
Hint: Its not the Bengals.

If this were a dictatorship your head would be on a platter :lol:
By Demosthenes
Actually speaking of the Bengals, are you aware that your prized DE, Justin Smith is from my hometown? He went to MU in Columbia (30 miles north) and went to Jefferson City High School as well? He owns a golf course just outside of town, and is well known around the community.

Our High School also has a receiver playing for the Bears, and who is also a fellow MU alum, Justin Gage.

We had horrible QB who made it as a practice spuad player for Atlanta...or somebody, but he just got where he did because his family pretty much runs the town. Kirk Farmer. He sucked in High School and ruined MU's offense.

anywat, I wouldn't expect you to be familiar with the other two, but you should know Smith.
By | I, CWAS |
Actually speaking of the Bengals, are you aware that your prized DE, Justin Smith is from my hometown? He went to MU in Columbia (30 miles north) and went to Jefferson City High School as well? He owns a golf course just outside of town, and is well known around the community.

I don't like Justin smith as player, which prevented me from knowing his pre college days as a person. During his rookie year the brat's holdout extended into the first half of the season, effectively hurting us for the 2001-2002 season, granted we could do it ourselves, but he didn't help us alter that. I did not know about the golf course ownership, it appears he is the young budding capitalist, I appluad him for that. Otherwise he has been unremarkable for us. In 3 seasons he has less than 20 sacks and less than 240 tackles. Hopefully he can be one player in a multi player trade to bring us a defensive line of significane, we are so inept against the run, in fact our defensive line is impotent, that we need to trade away, for two decent defensive ends, in order to compensate for our masochistic offensive penalty fetish. Last weeks patriots game is a prime example, we should have won, in fact we lost, the patriots didn't win, we can beat the best the afc has to offer (since the nfc is like high school this year) but we defeat ourselves
By Boondock Saint
ELI MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNING!!

DOH! Damn that Big Ben ...

I think Eli is ready for the big game now ... next season Super Bowl.
By briansmith
Kirk Farmer was on the St. Louis Rams for a little while too.

And with David "The Drunkard" Terrell shitting the bed on the Bears, Gage has emerged as perhaps their best receiver. Maybe him or Bernard Berrian.

But yes, I am a sports addict - baseball, football, and hockey. If you name a current player, chances are I know him.
By | I, CWAS |
Now here is why the NFC is a joke, the only team mathmatically eliminated out of the playoff hunt is san francisco. While only 5 teams I believe have winning records.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]

I submit this informed piece by the late John Pil[…]

Well, you should be aware that there are other arg[…]