NHL 2011-2012 season - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By R_G
Despite common sense, it appears as if the 4 pricks on Glendale City Council will once again spit on the citizens of Glendale by approving yet another "charity-case" for the Phoenix Coyotes via the arena lease agreement.

Absolutely ridiculous. There must be corruption afoot.
Brio wrote:Don't we all.

Never thought I'd have the opportunity until now....can't believe I was 6th at one point. :hmm:

Will we be doing picks for the Finals as well?
Last edited by Lensky1917 on 25 May 2012 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
R_G wrote:When one of you beats me in a $500 betting league, then I'll cry.

Wait, so there's no reward for doing this? :eek:

WTF am I doing here than?! >:

By the way, I'd be all too happy to take your $500. :D
By R_G
Lensky1917 wrote:Wait, so there's no reward for doing this? :eek:

WTF am I doing here than?! >:

By the way, I'd be all too happy to take your $500. :D

LOL, I haven't been in the league for 2 years on account of poverty.

The way it worked was everyone put in $500 and got a certain amount of points. It changed, but the last year it was 10,000.

So then you bet with the points from the start of the season.

Before the playoffs, you'd have the option of going out with the points you had, if they equaled 10,000 or more, you'd be able to get back your $500. For those choosing to play in the playoffs, you risked losing points as you had to make minimum bets on each playoff game.

The guy with the most points would take the money lost by others.

To clear it up if you're confused:

Start out 10,000 points for betting.
Bet on however many games you want in regular season, if you don't go under 10,000, you can take $500 back before playoffs, if not you risk points.

In playoffs, you must bet on every playoff game at least a minimum ( I believe it was 1,000 points ).

Obviously many would go under 10,000 points and thus the winner would take the losing points.

Now, there was a year where the winner had something like 9,750 points. That was good enough for the lead and he took all the leftover points from people who had like, 3,000 points.

If you do simple math, $500 divided by 10,000 is 5 cents per points.

Obviously having the " 10,000 or more points to bail out " policy meant many didn't have the chance to bail out and had to stick around.

I never won, but the best I did was finish with 10,250 points and get my $500 back.
Why the fuck would you keep a $20-$25 million in the red franchise in Arizona, when it could clearly make money elsewhere?

:eh:

Somebody's making something off this somewhere. There's no other reason to do this. :roll:
By UltraBra
Forsberg fell but I was not very impressed by him from what I saw. But Buffalo oh my. I believe they made out like bandits with Grigorenko + Girgensons. Sure there are some rumours about his play being lazy and so on but I believe he will deliver. He will blossom into a legit number one center for Buffalo.
By Godstud
So who won the Stanley Cup this year?
By Godstud
Sorry about that. I have been out of touch for some time and forgot all about hockey. I know this puts some strain on my Canadian citizenship, but I think it can handle it, for now.

At least this means that the Canucks lost to the best team in the NHL. :D
Godstud wrote:Sorry about that. I have been out of touch for some time and forgot all about hockey. I know this puts some strain on my Canadian citizenship, but I think it can handle it, for now.

I thought that was a crime punishable with 'death by hockey pucks' the Canadian version of 'stoning'? :?:

Godstud wrote:At least this means that the Canucks lost to the best team in the NHL.

The LA Kings winning their first Stanley Cup does not make them the best team in the NHL. :|
By Godstud
Lensky1917 wrote:I thought that was a crime punishable with 'death by hockey pucks' the Canadian version of 'stoning'?
I am lucky the death penalty was revoked, in Canada, a long time ago. :D

Lensky1917 wrote:The LA Kings winning their first Stanley Cup does not make them the best team in the NHL.
Yes, it does. The best team wins. The best group of individuals, loses. You could make the argument after a single game, like they have in World Cup(where a fluke goal can decide everything), but the best of 7 pretty well puts to rest the idea that the best team doesn't win.
Godstud wrote:Yes, it does. The best team wins. The best group of individuals, loses. You could make the argument after a single game, like they have in World Cup(where a fluke goal can decide everything), but the best of 7 pretty well puts to rest the idea that the best team doesn't win.

They were the best team this past season. Not overall. :|
Let's go Flyers

Do do do do do!

Let's go Flyers

Do do do do do!

Shea Webber baby. I really hope we get him!

Do do do do do!

If you can tell a US dollar bill from a Canadian […]

They're …..terrorists use. I am not going to a[…]

wat0n , I think I found a quote that might help b[…]

It actually would be good for Europe because th[…]