Cricket - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Godstud
BigSteve wrote:Not as silly as curling (aka: ice bowling), but still silly...
That's only because Americans aren't good enough to play the games. You'd be shocked if you knew how hard it was to curl properly.

Do you just call everything you don't like stupid or foolish? :eh:

Baseball is a REAL silly sport.

I'd have to watch Cricket with a fan, to have a chance at liking it. I'm only familiar with the bare-bones basics.
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:That's only because Americans aren't good enough to play the games. You'd be shocked if you knew how hard it was to curl properly.

You say that as if you think give a shit about curling. It's silly.

And, by the way, curling is quite popular in many parts of the United States so, yeah, Americans are good enough to play the games, regardless of their silliness...

Do you just call everything you don't like stupid or foolish?

I don't like beets or cauliflower, but they're not silly. So, no. No, I don't...

Baseball is a REAL silly sport.

You're talkin' to the wrong guy if you're looking for an argument...

I'd have to watch Cricket with a fan, to have a chance at liking it. I'm only familiar with the bare-bones basics.

I heard something the other day that said that some cricket matches can last up to ten hours. Is this true? If so, that's fuckin' silly...
Arguments about cricket can be pointless. Arguments by two people who don't really care about cricket, and are just trying to make it personal, are spectacularly pointless, so those posts have been deleted - moderator.
By Heisenberg
What an utterly insane game!

It seems ridiculously unfair that there had to be a loser at the end - they should probably have just shared the title. Poor New Zealand. But hey, England won, and found time to fit in a good thrashing of Australia on the way to the final. So that's nice. :D
When you think that on the third-last ball, England got an extra 4 runs from an incredibly lucky ricochet of an incoming throw off the running batsman's bat, NZ must feel absolutely gutted. They're taking it pretty well, really: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48986469

Even worse for New Zealand: England should really have got 5 runs for the whole thing, not 6:

England matched New Zealand’s score of 241 from the final delivery, but earlier in the concluding over they were awarded six runs in bizarre circumstances. With nine needed from three deliveries, Ben Stokes and Adil Rashid pushed for a second run when a throw from the boundary deflected off Stokes’s outstretched bat and away to the boundary for four byes and six in total.

But Taufel, who was named ICC’s Umpire of the Year on five occasions, told foxsports.com.au: “They should have been awarded five runs, not six. It’s a clear mistake. It’s an error of judgment.

“In the heat of what was going on, [the umpires] thought there was a good chance the batsmen had crossed at the instant of the throw. Obviously TV replays showed otherwise.”

Law 19.8 of the MCC rulebook states: “If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side and the allowance for the boundary and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.”

Taufel told the Sydney Morning Herald: “So given that scenario, five runs should have been the correct allocation of runs, and Ben Stokes should have been at the non-striker’s end for the next delivery.”

Replays showed Stokes and Rashid had not crossed when the throw came in from Martin Guptill. PA has contacted the ICC for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... ew-zealand
By fuser
Best ODI match ever, yes Newzealand were unlucky, but what is done is done and congratulations to England for lifting the cup for the first time. Hopefully this will help in further popularizing the game in the country.

Overall a great world cup.
By ness31
The hullabaloo surrounding the Archer reaction to flooring Smith - that to me signifies everything that’s wrong with the world :roll:

Still, you have to wonder how it must feel to cop a ball like that to the neck :eek: It’s like Smith turned on his tummy and coughed up a lung or felt winded.

It’s so amusing, a year on from the sandpaper scandal where every man and his dog were calling for blood, lol and behold, all is forgiven. Are Australians just collectively drunk most the time or what?

Edit* I just re-watched the footage. He actually looks like he’s dry retching and that’s before he’s even hit the ground. I’m glad he’s being rested.
By Patrickov
I wonder why recent Ashes usually end up with the home team winning the series (except the 2010/1 series maybe), while Australia usually winning more convincingly?

Palestinian armed groups in Gaza do have a histor[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]