2013 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Pool - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Hey guys! Its almost that (playoff) time of the year again. In a change of tradition, and with blessings from Demosthenes, this year's playoff pool will be the pick-all-at-once type. You can follow the guide with my reply to this post. This will avoid people dropping out early, and make the points more transparent and fair - so be careful with your picks! I will have everyone's picks programmed into Excel so that I will be able to easily update everyone with standings accurately. This is purely for fun and bragging rights - let's see how well you know your hockey. If anyone really insists on using the last year's points system - that option is still on the table.

PICKS ARE DUE by 8pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday April 30th! Late submissions will not be accepted.

POINTS FORMAT:

Quarterfinals: 2 points for every game won by teams you chose to advance to the next round. 1 Point for correctly predicting the number of games the series will be won by the team you picked to advance (for each series).

Semi-Finals: 3 points for every game won by teams you chose to advance to the next round. 1 Point for every runner-up win (a team you picked to advance to this round but did not pick to advance to the next round of playoffs).

Conference Finals: 5 points for each win of every team you chose to advance to the next round. 2 points for every runner-up win (a team you picked to advance to this round but did not pick to advance to the next round of playoffs).

Stanley Cup Finals: 7 points for every win of the team you picked to win the Stanley Cup. 4 points for every runner-up win (a team you picked to advance to this round but did not pick to win it).
---------------------------------------------------------------
Tie-breaks will be based on higher standings in previous round(s). If by some miraculous coincidence any players remain tied at the end of the tournament, then the earlier submission will be judged as higher rank. Make sure you pick matchups properly in every round with top ranked team facing the bottom ranked team.
My picks - I'll go against the grain:

WEST
Chicago beat Minnesota in 6
Detroit beat Anaheim in 6
Vancouver beat San Jose in 7
Los Angeles beat St. Louis in 6
New York Rangers beat Washington in 6
Boston beat Toronto in 5
New York Rangers beat Ottawa in 7

STANLEY CUP FINAL:
New York Rangers beat Vancouver in 6

@Rich Not for the dead.