Most popular spectator sports in the following countries - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Japan: Baseball I would say is the most popular sport without a doubt. I know that Football (Soccer) is making major inroads but I feel that Baseball is still by far the most popular sport.

Russia: Football (Soccer) for sure. Even though Russia has had far more success in Ice Hockey than in Football. Ice Hockey seems to be more popular in north Russia.

France: Football (Soccer) I would say is the most popular sport by far. I know Rugby has quite a following as well as F-1 racing, but I feel here as with the rest of Europe Football is king.

China: Here I would say it is a toss up between Basketball and Football (Soccer). I would give the edge to Basketball though which seems to have caught on like wild fire. The NBA is quite popular in China.

United States: American Football has to be the most popular sport. 30 years ago it would have been Baseball but today NFL has become much more popular.
England = football
Netherlands = football
Germany = football
Spain = football
Italy = football
Brasil = football
Argentina = football
Chili = football
etc.
etc.
etc.

Yes, I use the proper word for the greatest sport on earth.
Oh lord... let the trolling on both sides begin...

Football Vs. Football.

Thanks to TiG we know both forms are completely correct in all ways and refer to sports played on foot as opposed to being played with the foot.

As opposed to being played while mounted like that wuss sport Polo.
I was surprised to find how popular rugby was - at least amongst the US Army guys I worked with in Iraq. Just for the record, not all Brits are mindless devotees of football/soccer...

Demosthenes wrote:Though the St Louis Cardinals are big here they are not bigger than NFL football.

Short attention spans ftw.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O