Most popular spectator sports in the following countries - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Quantum wrote:I'm pretty sure that Aussie Rules is the most popular sport in Australia.

Now it is nation I think it trumps cricket. Definitely the biggest crowds and most money.

From what Google tells me, Aussie rules isn't popular in the East, where rugby is the most popular. Cricket has widespread appeal across Australia.

AFL is in the ascendancy in NWS and Qld IMO an NRL in decline .. very incremental tho. AFL is the much better game, NRL sucks.

Victoria is absolutely AFL.

[youtube]QX7domu4dSo[/youtube]
In general football is the most popular thing to watch in The Netherlands.
The final of The Netherlands vs Spain in South Africa was watched by 8.5 million people out of 16.

But the exception is ice speed scating. We have a 200km race when it freezes exceptionally hard. Last time 80% of the country watched it on average for 7 hours! You can't beat that. And everytime it freezes.. the "E"-word is up. (E stands for Elfstedentocht = eleven city tour). It's just not happening verry often. A 10km race (longest olympic distance) can be watched by 5 million people.
Football is the beautiful game. It's the sport of kings (played by thugs). However, it has its fair share of boring matches and only the most zealous fanatic can fully appreciate it.

Despite watching and playing football (a lot), I have to say that the best spectator sport is snooker. Hands down, snooker wins.
Demosthenes wrote:Oh lord... let the trolling on both sides begin...

Football Vs. Football.

Thanks to TiG we know both forms are completely correct in all ways and refer to sports played on foot as opposed to being played with the foot.

As opposed to being played while mounted like that wuss sport Polo.

Thanks to TiG?? I was the first one to say it in this forum!

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/view ... 95#p816595

History... Indeed, historically conspiracy theo[…]

Not so long ago., if a person was to be conside[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Seems like there's a lot of cursing of Ukraine's 1[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]