2013-14 Football Season - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Quantum
Discuss the latest events in the football world during this season, including but not limited to, the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Champions League.

Will Man Utd form end for their poor form? Will Arsenal win the Premier League after a long trophy drought? Stick around and find out.
United will recover and win the EPL. Fuck yeah!

Here are the team that I want to win their respective leagues:

Turkey: Beşiktaş (will probably come second at least)
England: Manchester United (and they likely will)
Spain: Since Real Sociedad and Valencia (my favorite teams) are not viable options, I'll be happy if Real Madrid win.
Portugal: It'll probably be Porto as usual.
France: Normally, I wouldn't give a fuck but PSG because of Ibra!
Germany: Bayern München as usual (Robben, Ribery etc.)
Norway: Valerenga I hope but realistically, Rosenberg.
Sweden: Malmö
Denmark: Copenhagen as usual, probably.
Greece: PAOK Thessaloniki I hope, but Olympiakos probably.
Italy: Juventus I hope but I'll be happy regardless. I like most Italian teams.
Netherlands: Ajax
Belgium: Anderlecht
Austria: Sturm Graz, I hope.
Russia: Rubin Kazan
Ukraine: Shakhtar Donetsk
Cardiff's new head scout (you know, the random Kazakh bloke on work experience) has "temporarily" resigned because his visa expired. I used to have a begrudging respect for Cardiff City, but the way they've sold themselves out to their lunatic owner is absolutely pathetic. Besides changing the club's colours to that tacky shade of red, he also wants to call them the "Cardiff Dragons".

As for my teams: I support Charlton Athletic and Newport County (hence the Cardiff-hate).
Doomhammer wrote:England: Manchester United (and they likely will)

I doubt it now and they may not even make it to fourth place.
I doubt it now and they may not even make it to fourth place.

That Moyes chap... what a shit show.
noemon wrote:Olympiakos-Man U 2-0

They have to score three goals at home to win, which is unlikely given their poor performance this season. They are 15 points behind Chelsea and unless the top five teams manage to lose five games, they won't win silverware this season.
Moyes is gone and he didn't even last a full season. Even Sherwood has performed much better than him.

First time for 19 years that Man Utd are not in the Champions League. That's a new low.

At least he achieved his objective of Everton finishing above them.
Liverpool slipped to second place and will probably stay there, unless Man City screws up.
It's a shame. I would have liked to see Liverpool win the league, and Everton beat Arsenal to fourth. But, Man City will be worthy champions. I just hope there isn't some sort of disaster that lets Chelsea come top.

Also, Brighton for the play-offs! (Wouldn't hurt to have a new face in the Premier League next year)
By Decky
Thank god Birmingham escaped relegation. It is shame Villa did not go down, then we could finaly play our rivals again.
Chelsea are four points behind so they can't win the Premiership. Brighton ought to have a rich Arab Sheikh so that they can win the Premiership within a few seasons.

Manchester City were in Division 2 15 years, yet they are on course to winning their second Premiership title. They would've been nothing without Arab money.

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]

A process that has already started You have[…]

All of your beliefs are cliche platitudes and u[…]

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]