Stringed musicians? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Infidelis
I've picked up the guitar about 3 years ago. I'm as interested in it as I am terrible at it. Mostly self-instructed, I've spent maybe 4-6 months of instruction, and while I learned some stuff, I wasn't able to focus on stuff I really wanted to learn (timing, rhythm patterns, and technique to play cleaner).

I'm at a point where I'm not sure where to go with direction. It might be time to shell out again for an instructor, but I figured I'd shoot a message out to see where other players go when they're stuck in progress.
Infidelis wrote:I've picked up the guitar about 3 years ago. I'm as interested in it as I am terrible at it. Mostly self-instructed, I've spent maybe 4-6 months of instruction, and while I learned some stuff, I wasn't able to focus on stuff I really wanted to learn (timing, rhythm patterns, and technique to play cleaner).

I'm at a point where I'm not sure where to go with direction. It might be time to shell out again for an instructor, but I figured I'd shoot a message out to see where other players go when they're stuck in progress.

A common issue with a lot of beginners is a tendency to focus on the fretting hand as this is where many of the movements towards chords and scales has to be memorized. What might help is when you are practicing? Try not to look at the fretting hand and instead focus on the strumming hand. Also, get a metronome. They're a life-saver.
I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]

As president, he can certainly stop it. Why sho[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s) […]

Europeans and Russians are educated, this makes t[…]