NHL 2018-19 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Godstud
The Oilers aren't looking too shabby, so far.

It's hard to catch the games when they are on at 2AM and 5 AM, though... :hmm:
By Red_Army
The Stars were sucking dick on the road, but just beat the Habs and the Leafs so maybe the new coach is getting things set up. The new kid Heiskanen looks great and Devin fucking Shore is stepping up to be a contender.
By Godstud
At the least the Oilers are doing OK, so far. I hope they whip the Blackhawks, today.
By Godstud
Yay! Islanders beat the Penguins!
By Victoribus Spolia
Fuck Hockey (just kidding).

How bout' them Steelers beating the Pats.....how about them apples @Red_Army?!

By Red_Army
I don't care about the Pats so it's fine as long as the Saints beat the Steelers on Sunday 8) Honestly I could not care less about who wins in a match up between Boston and Pittsburgh.

In hockey news: the Stars are super middling this year. Unless they have a big streak they're going to be lucky to barely make the playoffs.
By Godstud
The Oilers are above .500. That's something... :hmm:
By Victoribus Spolia
Red_Army wrote:I don't care about the Pats so it's fine as long as the Saints beat the Steelers on Sunday

My family on my mother's side is from Louisiana, so I kinda like the Saints, but if we can beat the fucking pats, we can definitely beat New Orleans.

We'll see, it should be a good game regardless.

They're your team right?
By Red_Army
Victoribus Spolia wrote:but if we can beat the fucking pats, we can definitely beat New Orleans.

I mean anyone can beat anyone, but the Saints are #1 in the league right now. 12 - 2, with a win over the Rams who are 11 - 3. The Pats are 9 - 5 with losses to the Dolphins, Jags, and Lions Saints offense was amazing all year until it started slogging a few games ago, but now the defense is looking really solid.

I think it'll be a good game. I'm not super confident the way the offense has been recently, but if they beat the Steelers they are pretty much guaranteed the first seed, which means they can rest their starters for their last game, get a bye week, and have home field advantage so that will be big motivation for them to win.

They are my team. The only team I really hate in the NFL is the Falcons. I don't like Big Ben or the city of Pittsburgh, but I don't really care about the Steelers like I do the Pens.

also @Victoribus Spolia

Goodnight big rig :lol: Dallas drafted Oleksiak, but it's funny to see Wilson drop him after the shit about him being afraid in the playoffs.
By Victoribus Spolia
That is one nice thing about Hockey, its one of the last sports where a KO from a fist is just part of the game.....other than boxing and MMA of course.

Which btw, did you see that boxing match between Wilder and Fury?

Might have been the most epic boxing match in history. Seriously.
By Red_Army
@Victoribus Spolia I don't watch boxing or MMA unless someone I know is having a pay-per-view party or something.

@Finfinder Given Chicago's history with outdoor games and their current year of totally shitting the bed I doubt that will be a good game, but I would still totally go if I were you. Looking at Chara on skates is something to see.
By Victoribus Spolia
Red_Army wrote:Haha @Victoribus Spolia fuck the Steelers!

You gotta admit, we brought the heat, I don't think anyone predicted it would be that close, you guys were supposed to blow us away.

It was a great game.

Steelers came fuckin close against the best team in the NFL, I was more than pleased.

I have little doubt that if we met again in the Super Bowl you guys would be in serious trouble.
By Red_Army
@Victoribus Spolia Your tone has really changed from before the game :lol:

I never thought the Saints would blow the Steelers away. The Saints have been playing badly for the last 5 games so I'm definitely not surprised it was so close.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]