Gun discussion - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Pants-of-dog
    Police Family Violence Fact Sheet

Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, (1, 2) in contrast to 10% of families in the general population.(3) A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24% (4), indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general. A police department that has domestic violence offenders among its ranks will not effectively serve and protect victims in the community.5, 6, 7, 8 Moreover, when officers know of domestic violence committed by their colleagues and seek to protect them by covering it up, they expose the department to civil liability.7

http://womenandpolicing.com/violenceFS.asp#notes

Yes, we should take guns away from domestic abusers.
By Red_Army
That's an awesome deflection that people who are completely ignorant of history often make :lol: Yes it is the people mentioning racism that are responsible for racism not the power structures responsible for it. You are what idiots call: a cuck. Also I will take your no comment on police and military as acceptance that they are bigger criminals and "bad guys with guns" than any other group. I hope you advocate for their disarming.
By Hindsite
Pants-of-dog wrote:
    Police Family Violence Fact Sheet

Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, (1, 2) in contrast to 10% of families in the general population.(3) A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24% (4), indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general. A police department that has domestic violence offenders among its ranks will not effectively serve and protect victims in the community.5, 6, 7, 8 Moreover, when officers know of domestic violence committed by their colleagues and seek to protect them by covering it up, they expose the department to civil liability.7

http://womenandpolicing.com/violenceFS.asp#notes

Yes, we should take guns away from domestic abusers.

I trust President Trump to get something done.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, we should take guns away from domestic abusers.

I don't really have a problem with that.

An acquaintance of mine has recently started dating an ex-girlfriend of my brother. The guy is a former Sheriff's Deputy who was forced to resign in 2012 because his (then) wife filed charges against him for domestic abuse. An investigation was conducted and, instead of criminal charges, he was forced to retire after 23 years instead of 30 (he'd have retired this year).

He still carries a 9mm, every single day, even in places where guns are not permitted (bars, etc)...
By SSDR
I am against civilian firearm access.

However, if I could chose any gun to have if I ever had to fight in a war, it would be the Maschinengewehr 42 (1940's - 1960's) or the MG3 (1960's - 2010's).

By Pants-of-dog
BigSteve wrote:I don't really have a problem with that.

Then you agree that many cops need to be disarmed.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Then you agree that many cops need to be disarmed.
That Honourable Gentleman was referring to "domestic abuse", as My Honourable Friend suggested. It is natural that readers of that post would suppose the scope limited to people's personal access to firearms, not as part of their job. The change of scope here is rather shocking, I am afraid.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then you agree that many cops need to be disarmed.

No, not at all. I think many cops need to be fired.

An unarmed police officer is a stupid idea...
By Pants-of-dog
@BigSteve

As @Patrickov pointed out, it is not about the job.

It is about disarming domestic abusers.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

Well, it is "about the job" when the job requires someone to carry a Glock.

I don't disagree that domestic abusers should be disarmed. But there's also a problem when a cop, who's retired for being a domestic abuser, is allowed to continue to carry...
By Drlee
Yes, domestic abusers should be disarmed.

Even if their job requires them to carry a gun,

No, no no. You just can't imagine that BS agreed with you. He (correctly) went further.

Domestic abusers in the police should be fired and as with all domestic abusers, prohibited from having firearms.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, domestic abusers should be disarmed.

Even if their job requires them to carry a gun,

Right. That would be the "fired" part.

Frankly, I'm surprised that a cop could be allowed to retire and maintain a CCW after being forced to retire for that...
By Pants-of-dog
I do not care if cops get fired for domestic abuse.

In my world, most of the cops would have no guns, and no domestic abusers would have any either.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not care if cops get fired for domestic abuse.

In my world, most of the cops would have no guns, and no domestic abusers would have any either.

Well, we all know, all too well, that "your world" is a fanciful place with unicorns and rainbows and which will never, ever exist.

The reality is that cops have guns, and so do retired cops who are domestic abusers...
By Pants-of-dog
Sure.

Anyway, British police do not have guns, and they do not live in unicorn rainbow land.

And I imagine that if tyranny were to come to the UK, the fact that police have no guns would work in favour of the people.

Which is consistent with the pro-gun argument that guns are necessary for keeping government accountable.
Anyway, British police do not have guns,

lol what kind of a police is that a gay police?

And I imagine that if tyranny were to come to the UK, the fact that police have no guns would work in favour of the people.

Which is consistent with the pro-gun argument that guns are necessary for keeping government accountable

they have plenty of guns in storage for such cases
By Patrickov
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

May I clarify that, I think the Honourable Gentleman with a camera in his avatar did not deviate from this matter either. Instead, I found My Honourable Friend's declaration about the Camera-avatared Gentleman supporting "many cops to be disarmed" as an interpretation taking the said Gentleman's words out of context.
By blackjack21
SSDR wrote:However, if I could chose any gun to have if I ever had to fight in a war, it would be the Maschinengewehr 42 (1940's - 1960's) or the MG3 (1960's - 2010's).

Great for suppressive fire, but a bit heavy at 25lbs. The Sturmgewehr 44 is half the weight fully loaded.

Heckler-Koch make some nice rifles.

BigSteve wrote:He still carries a 9mm, every single day, even in places where guns are not permitted (bars, etc)...

Well... he wasn't convicted it seems...

Pants-of-dog wrote:and they do not live in unicorn rainbow land.

Ummm...yes they do. At least the unicorn part...

Pants-of-dog wrote:And I imagine that if tyranny were to come to the UK, the fact that police have no guns would work in favour of the people.

Yea. They don't carry knives either--to put a finer point on it... (oh that was punny).

Zionist Nationalist wrote:lol what kind of a police is that a gay police?

I think gay police would prefer to have guns, albeit with silencers so they aren't startled by the report of the weapon.

You should put the full quote I am of the o[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]