Sport Teams - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Bricktop
I hardly watch much anymore, but sometimes there is sport on I like..

What teams do you follow (in various sports..)

For me,

Soccer England: Southampton :hmm:
Soccer Scotland: Celtic
Soccer Germany: Hertha Berlin
Soccer France: Paris St Germain
Soccer Italy: AC Milan

Rugby Super 12: Canterbury Crusaders

Australian Rules Football AFL: Essendon Bombers
Australian Rules Football VFL: Port Melbourne Borough, Bendigo Bombers

NFL: New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints

Drummond :)
By bradley
Arsenal, Crewe Alexandra, QPR

Olympique Lyonnais

Juventus
By Clann
Soccer - Don't particularly support anyone. Celtic perhaps.
Gaelic Football - An Dun (County Down)

Thats about it.
By Ocker
Well, I've played rugby-league and union intermittently since I was a child, and I absolutely love it, as well as most sports. That said however, I am utterly bored by watching sport on TV or live, save for grand events such as international finals.

So no, I do not support any sporting teams, though I obviously have to barrack for Australia when my national duty demands it.
By Maxim Litvinov
Canterbury Crusaders? :eek:

Association Football: Arsenal, Germany/Netherlands/Russia/Australia (Australia until they lose, and then Russia until they lose and the Germany until they lose and then Netherlands)

Rugby Union: Australia/New Zealand (Oz until they lose), NSW/ACT (NSW until they lose)

Netball: Australia (only watch Oz vs NZ matches)

Tennis: Anyone who looks pretty (read: Maria Sharapova, Daniela Hantuchova and whoever is against Lindsay Davenport, Mauresmo or Capriati)

Cricket: Australia

Figure Skating and other Winter Olympic sports: Russia

Summer Olympics: Australia/Russia/China
By Yeddi
I don't follow any sport though I used to pretend that I barracked for Collingwood in the AFL back when these things seemed important (read: Primary School)
By Thoss
NHL - Vancouver Canucks, Toronto Mapleleafs

CFL - Saskatchewan Roughriders

NFL - Seattle Sehawks, San Diago Chargers, New York Jets

NBA - Toronto Raptors, Seattle Super Sonics

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners, Oakland A's, and anyone playing against Boston.

International Soccer - England or Germany

Winter Olympics - Canada, Russia, USA, Czechs, Sweds etc --> any hockey super power.

Summer Olympics - China, USA, Australia, and Canada, but we suck at the summer Olympics.
By Bricktop
Maxim, I used to have an obsession with all things medieval when I was younger, not to mention their similar colours to my aussie rules team, Essendon, and with my heartstrong rivalry alive against NSW, and never much liking Canberra or Queensland, what am I to do?? :p

Drummond
By Maxim Litvinov
So you supported the Newcastle Knights too? Shame on you.

I also followed the Penrith Panthers in primary school, and once traded about half of my football cards collection to collect 17 Panthers team cards.
By Bricktop
I did in grade 5...
Then I realised how much league sucked :p
By nach0king
I support Greenock Morton FC, and I hate Rangers and Celtic. The bigot brothers are a pox on our national game, and the sooner they fuck off to England/Ireland/the bottom of the ocean, the better. Fuck the old firm, and may the (large) bigoted section of their support never darken the doors of a Scottish league stadium ever again. (The small portion of their support that doesn't drag religion or politics into football, supports them as a football team and otherwise conducts itself in a decent manner, I have no problem with.)

Rant over :)

I support teams that, like Greenock Morton, play in blue and white hoops. The two main other teams that I follow are MSV Duisburg (of Germany, known as the Zebras because of their hoops) and De Graafschap of the rural Netherlands.

Last edited by nach0king on 05 Jan 2005 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
By repr0bate
I thought there were only two football teams in Scotland...
By nach0king
That's because you are ignorant. Or trying to wind me up. If this is the case... well, it worked :D
By nach0king
Based on the media and the general attendances in this country, though, anyone could be forgiven for thinking that :(

Do you ever watch Oxford? If so, how's David MacKay doing these days?
By repr0bate
I've been a couple of times, but I'm really not interested...right now they're at the bottom of the Second Division, nothing to be proud of. I don't even know who Mackay is :|

Have a look here for a funny story about Oxford :lol:
By Attila The Nun
NFL: New England Patriots, Philidelphia Eagles (though not nearly as much as I do the Patriots)

MLB: Boston Red Sox

NCAA Basketball: UCONN Huskies (both)

NCAA Football: UCONN Huskies
By nach0king
Yep, saw that. :) I also heard yesterday about a Man. City player who stubbed a cigar out in a youth player's eye as a "joke" at the club Christmas party.

Thankfully the players at my local club just stick to the drinking and gambling instead of petty annoyances like, oh, earning their wages.
By Haraldur
Football/Scoocer: England: Chelsea, Iceland: ÍA

Zionism was never a religious movement basing i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]

I submit this informed piece by the late John Pil[…]