Napoleon compared with Hitler - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.

About Hitler's Ideology is much known but what do we know about the organisation and ideolgy of Napoleon.

He faced in Spain assymetric warfare (called: guerilla, small war), what the americans faced in Afghanistan...

Napoleon said about the Spaniards: I freed them from inquisition, but they thank with "guerilla".
I think the mercantilism enabled france to wage such a huge war.

France
Main article: Colbertism

French finance minister and mercantilist Jean-Baptiste Colbert served for over 20 years.
Mercantilism arose in France in the early 16th century soon after the monarchy had become the dominant force in French politics. In 1539, an important decree banned the import of woolen goods from Spain and some parts of Flanders. The next year, a number of restrictions were imposed on the export of bullion.[27]

Over the rest of the 16th century, further protectionist measures were introduced. The height of French mercantilism is closely associated with Jean-Baptiste Colbert, finance minister for 22 years in the 17th century, to the extent that French mercantilism is sometimes called Colbertism. Under Colbert, the French government became deeply involved in the economy in order to increase exports. Protectionist policies were enacted that limited imports and favored exports. Industries were organized into guilds and monopolies, and production was regulated by the state through a series of more than one thousand directives outlining how different products should be produced.[28]

To encourage industry, foreign artisans and craftsmen were imported. Colbert also worked to decrease internal barriers to trade, reducing internal tariffs and building an extensive network of roads and canals. Colbert's policies were quite successful, and France's industrial output and the economy grew considerably during this period, as France became the dominant European power. He was less successful in turning France into a major trading power, and Britain and the Dutch Republic remained supreme in this field.[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercantilism

Under Colbert, french craftmen divided the production, to specilize on just one task (proto-factories)
Sandzak wrote:
I think the mercantilism enabled france to wage such a huge war.

Under Colbert, french craftmen divided the production, to specialize on just one task (proto-factories)

Mercantilism, finance, technology, of course.

It's why wars keep getting bigger.

Btw, I think Brits had already come up with a simple form of manufacturing. Their government was, I think, the first to generously invest in military R&D.
Sandzak wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U8URNR2vIU&ab_channel=DecodingHistory

About Hitler's Ideology is much known but what do we know about the organisation and ideolgy of Napoleon.

He faced in Spain assymetric warfare (called: guerilla, small war), what the americans faced in Afghanistan...

Napoleon said about the Spaniards: I freed them from inquisition, but they thank with "guerilla".

Napoleon's organization and ideology are pretty well known, there's no great mystery.

But why is Hitler running around in a Sherman (US) tank in the video?

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]