Why can't the Jews understand that accepting Jesus is accepting World Peace..... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
The more you think about it, the more you realise the Jews giving up the idea of a Third Temple and doing stuff to the Temple Mount as well as getting back the West Bank(where we all know Micah 5 says the Messiah will be born) would benifit to the future of mankind.

The only people that think building a Third Temple is a good idea for "world peace" are the Ultra-Orthodox... Every one else knows Iran/Hamas/ISIS/anyotherislamicarmyorterroristgroup is going to go "Yippee, the ultimate missile Target Practice!!!".

Why can't they just accept Jesus, for the sake of world peace and realise no third temple is necessary?

They are very selfish people.

Protestants shouldn't be egging them on either, ok "Jesus will come again after WW3" but why try and stupidly hasten it by pouring cash into idiotic "Third Temple" Jewish groups?
The premise of this OP is selfish, moronic, and ignorant. Millions of Jews can't be expected to abandon their faith and embrace whatever your beliefs happen to be because you think you're right and that they're wrong. Further, either you are trolling or you have a literal adolescent understanding of people and the way the world works if you think "if everyone just believes the same way I do they'll all get along, so why wouldn't they want to believe the way I do?"

If world peace is what's important here, then having all of you abandon your beliefs in sky deities and preventing primitive blood cults and tribal religions (which sadly still afflict billions of people) from crippling people's minds, scientific progress, and class struggle is the answer, not which sky king should we all worship who does not exist.
I agree with your post(except first line obviously), although you do contradict yourself a bit in the second paragraph (lol, you're doing the same thing as an Athiest/Agnostic!).

Problem is they(Third Temple dreaming orthodox Jews) are clearly going to cause trouble by attempting to build on the Temple Mount one day soon....

If they accepted Jesus as the Messiah they simply wouldn't need a temple anymore(he did away with this stuff, remember), thus the UN wouldn't have to legally defend the temple mount and keep it in Palestinian hands to stop "an international incident"(read as WW3).

Man the World is nuts sometimes....
fuser wrote:Here's an idea for world peace, stop forcing your religion on other people.

We all force our religion on others.... The Orthodox Jews should lead by example and not literally keep trying to force an Islamic Mosque & the Dome of the Rock aside to build their damn Dream Temple by 2260AD.... They should all get together and agree to leave the Islamic holysite alone.

Frankly I'm sick of hearing about this "Third Temple.... Bulldoze Al-Aqsa at all costs" bullshit. Probably why I created this thread.
Last edited by colliric on 04 May 2018 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
fuser wrote:Here's an idea for world peace, stop forcing your religion on other people.

I hope you meant this to have universal application including our ‘political religions’.
The premise of this OP is selfish, moronic, and ignorant. Because too many Christians are unable to examine themselves and realise that "accepting Jesus" has done nothing to advance world peace for the various cultures that follow Christianity.

The idea that "accepting Jesus" would stop anyone building another temple is also moronic. You can interpret a Christian bible in so many ways that to think it would stop someone building a temple to show just how fucking much they worship their newfound Messiah is to show a profound ignorance of human nature and history.
Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism which is the foundation of Christianity. Jesus' followers only added dozens of short Greek books to the Jewish Bible and they claimed to have established a new religion superior to Judaism. This is similar to the relationship between the Avesta, the sacred texts of Zoroastrianism, and Rig Veda in Sanskrit. As both of them were composed by the Indo-Iranians, the languages of the Avesta and the Vedas shared some vocabulary that is not shared with the other Indo-European languages. Avestan Ahura and Vedic Asura are one and the same god. The Buddhist asuras are also derived from the wicked asuras of Hinduism.

There are lot of familiar names in Avesta from the Rig-Veda and one of the first references comes not from India or Persia, but from northern Syria. A treaty signed by the Hittites and Mitannis dating to the fourteenth century BC calls upon Indara/Indra, Mitras(il)/Mitra, Nasatianna/Nasatya and Uruvanass(il)/Varuna, all known to Rig-Veda and Avesta.

There were similarities in rituals too. In India, upanayana is a ritual by which a boy becomes a full member of his class. Zoroastrians have a similar ceremony called Navjot which is still practiced by Parsis. The Rig-Veda refers to the drink soma which was drunk at sacrifices and which caused invigorating effects. The Avesta gives physical descriptions of the plant haoma which causes similar effects, though the plant identified as haoma by modern Parsis is a bitter herb which does not get your drunk, but just bitter.

Even though there are similar words like haoma (soma), daha(dasa), hepta (sapta), hindu (sindhu), and Ahura (Asura) in Avesta and Rig-Veda, there are reversals in religious concepts and attributes of Gods. Indra and the devas are demonic in Avesta, and Ahura/asura is considered the highest deity.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 04 May 2018 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
The irony is it is no more ridiculous than demanding everyone accept human rights for world peace. Yes, if we all agreed on everything, we could have peace. All it takes is everyone living their life exactly as I tell them. My guess is suicide would reduce life expectancy to about 17.
Ter wrote:I am wiling to be converted but not to Christianism. I was a bit interested in Islam because of the promised young virgins and boys, but alas, to have to die first is a bridge too far for me.

As an American babyboomer, I got to enjoy that in my youth so the appeal to die for it is weak.
fuser wrote:I say all Jews should convert to Sikhism. The turban is already a thing in middle east and beard obviously makes a man more handsome, win-win.

My Dad was working with young people of a heavily south Asian demographic. At the start of one morning session he said: "I'm terribly sorry to have to inform you but Indira Gandhi has been killed". The class immediately broke out into wild cheering! :lol: Of course they were Sikhs.

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]