Re-Reading "Thus Spake Zarathustra." - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
In his seminal work, Nietzsche describes the process of one being first a camel (one that bears a load), then a lion (one who destroys to create freedom, or as we might say today, a space) and finally as a child, one who uses that space to create something new.

He was also critical of Christianity because he saw in it a celebration of the weak and a rejection of the lion and the child.

In my attempts at a reconciliatory reading of this work with traditional values, I believe that when people believed in the potential for transcendence, Christ and Christianity were not solely a camel; He also represented the lion and the child, in overcoming death, Satan etc. Unfortunately, as this belief in the potential for transcendence has declined, only the "camel" has been left.

Today we see many people who accept being the "camel" because they believe that in being the camel, they can wield their supposed virtue as a weapon against others. Yet seeking virtue merely because you might use it as a weapon against others ultimately robs the "camel" of its righteousness.

What I wonder is, why has the camel been robbed of its virtue? Is it because it has also lost its potential for metamorphosis?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]