A shrinking reality? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
Awakened last night by indigestion, I turned on an episode of Stargate SG-1 in which the team visits a planet inhabited by people living in a computer-generated bubble which protects them from a toxic outside environment. However, the energy-starved bubble has been shrinking. To downsize, the computer, which controls people’s thoughts, forces people outside while erasing memories of those people from the minds of the survivors inside.

I wonder if my “wrong memories” of events, like those shared by others (the Mandela Effect), are not evidence of a parallel universe, but are signs of a computer reset to conserve energy in a shrinking artificial reality.

Both mass extinction of species and my projection of population loss through COVID-19-caused male sterility may be part of the downsizing required by a supercomputer that no longer has the energy to sustain the simulation of so many different life forms.
By QatzelOk
Robert Urbanek wrote:Awakened last night by indigestion, I turned on an episode of Stargate SG-1 in which the team visits a planet inhabited by people living in a computer-generated bubble which protects them from a toxic outside environment. However, the energy-starved bubble has been shrinking. To downsize, the computer, which controls people’s thoughts, forces people outside while erasing memories of those people from the minds of the survivors inside.

I wonder if my “wrong memories” of events, like those shared by others (the Mandela Effect), are not evidence of a parallel universe, but are signs of a computer reset to conserve energy in a shrinking artificial reality.

Both mass extinction of species and my projection of population loss through COVID-19-caused male sterility may be part of the downsizing required by a supercomputer that no longer has the energy to sustain the simulation of so many different life forms.

Interesting way of saying that we are just imitating art.

But what if overpopulation is another "imitation of art?" What if the conditions that lead to where we are now, were ALSO generated by texts and the long-term side effects of texts?

That would remove any *hope* that the latest text-generated "solution" might provoke (via text).
By QatzelOk
late wrote:Image

Oh please.

Robert Urbanek started this thread by saying that he watched a movie (text) and it made him think something about reality.

This thread is thus about the affects of texts on people's perception of reality.

The specifics are not that important. The medium is the message. If he had written, "I watched DQ commercials all night, and now I think that our destiny is to be ground up into frozen food products" - the link would be clearer to normal people.
By late
QatzelOk wrote:
Oh please.

His post had several levels of fail.

In my distinctly unhumble opinion, Urbie outdid himself in the goofy department.
By QatzelOk
late wrote:His post had several levels of fail.

In my distinctly unhumble opinion, Urbie outdid himself in the goofy department.

Yes, but encased in the amber of media-dulled ranting, there were several nuggets of truth-untruth to explore. Like the following:

COVID-19-caused male sterility may be part of the downsizing required

This is what everyone is thinking, but not saying. We are all pretending to "believe" the health advice our media-government-corporations are giving us, but we don't. We all know this is a dangerous plot, but we are all pretending to "be nice" and "believe everything we are told."

By pretending to believe things, our "reality" is shrinking. This is because the very act of "pretending" to believe things... stops you from being able to discuss seriously with adults. The result: a profound social lack of wisdom.
By late
QatzelOk wrote:
By pretending to believe things, our "reality" is shrinking.

Or we could just be waiting for evidence so we can know what we're talking about.
By Beren
late wrote:Or we could just be waiting for evidence so we can know what we're talking about.

There'd be enough evidence to talk about the JFK assassination or 9/11 seriously, but we still blame Oswald and some random Saudis for them.
By late
Beren wrote:
There'd be enough evidence to talk about the JFK assassination or 9/11 seriously, but we still blame Oswald and some random Saudis for them.

I don't buy any JFK conspiracy theory.

That 9/11 conspiracy theory was originally Israelis. But then the politics changed, and the same theory, word for word, got put on the Saudi. Guess what I think of that one.

Hey, you got it on the first try!

9/11 was done by fanatics. Some were Saudi, some were not. What annoys me about it was the Republican involvement.
By late
Beren wrote:
That should be in your signature or bio personal information as your motto or credo.

If you are working towards a degree in history, you will be required to take a class that covers historiography. That's the rules about how you play the game.

I don't have a degree in history, but I did take that class.

Which should make clear why I don't accept theories without evidence, real evidence.
By Beren
late wrote:Which should make clear why I don't accept theories without evidence, real evidence.

Do you accept the lone nut version then? You must, because anything else is a conspiracy theory and there's so much "evidence" for it. How about intuition/common sense? Do you have any or you just don't dare to trust and use it?
By late
Beren wrote:
Do you accept the lone nut version then? You must, because anything else is a conspiracy theory and there's so much "evidence" for it. How about intuition/common sense? Do you have any or you just don't dare to trust and use it?

The human brain needs closure. It's why we like fiction and religion, any explanation is better than no explanation.

People instinctively dislike that their fate can change due to simple dumb, very bad, luck.

But clear away the BS, and that's what's left.
late wrote:Or we could just be waiting for evidence so we can know what we're talking about.

Regarding my reference to COVID-caused male sterility:

"Today, the problems of infertility, especially male infertility, associated with Covid-19 are revealing themselves on a grander scale,” Elena Uvarova, the Russian Health Ministry’s chief gynecologist for children and youths, told journalists at a press conference in Moscow. The information gathered by Russian medics has shown a “38 percent reduction in quality of sperm” in men who recovered from the coronavirus, she said. It was a worrying discovery, as the overall quality of the sperm in Russian men already wasn’t perfect, the doctor added.

https://www.rt.com/russia/493414-coronavirus-male-fertility-russia/

In the latest study, samples from 11 patients who died from Covid-19 in Wuhan were analyzed by a team led by Ming Zhou, a professor with the Tufts Medical Centre in Boston, and Dr Nie Xiu, from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan . . . more than 80 per cent of the samples showed significant damage to the seminiferous tubules – the part of the testicles where sperm is made.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3087427/coronavirus-may-damage-testicles-without-entering-cells-study
By late
"There is a theoretical possibility of testicular damage and subsequent infertility following COVID-19 infection. The possibility of testicular damage is caused by either direct viral invasion through binding of SARS-COV2 virus to ACE2 receptors or secondary to immunological and inflammatory response. Follow-up studies of reproductive function of recovered male patients is required to investigate this possibility."

Which makes sense, we won't know until we can see what happens to recovered males trying to conceive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7171435/
By QatzelOk
late wrote:9/11 was done by fanatics.

No one would disagree with this.

But were the fanatics Americans, Rich people, Pentagon people, Israelis, or "a ragtag band of cave dwellers?"

How shrunken is your reality regarding this false flag?
By QatzelOk
Beren wrote:It's rather depressing, actually, it's something else that is limiting.

Incorrect.

Having a box over your head opens up the possibility of imagining INFINITE realities. The world is your two-dimensional oyster!

Whereas people who lack the empowering "opportunity box" have only plain, white-bread *real reality* to chew on. I mean, look how boring that sky, flat floor and stock image logo are. They are like a representation of what it is like to live entirely indoors.

This is simply too boring for people who live in ticky-tacky boxes near big box stores on Boxing Day.
By Beren
QatzelOk wrote:Having a box over your head opens up the possibility of imagining INFINITE realities.

That'd be true if people used their imagination, but they rather accept unimaginative, dull, and actually childish lies offered to them by the box.

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]