Good Recent Geopolitical Films - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
We all know the classics (Dr. Strangelove, Manchurian Candidate, Z, etc) but what about more recent geopolitically themed films? Got any good ones? Please share.

I'll start with an excellent mini-series turned movie about Carlos the Jackal, called (of course) Carlos.

[youtube]H3QkM7uyF10[/youtube]
I cento passi (one hundred steps). Set in the '70s, assorted communists battle it out with Sicilian mafiosi.

[youtube]42OOzpUgXzs[/youtube]

No subtitles (they will be somewhere on the net), but you get the gist.
I'll start with an excellent mini-series turned movie about Carlos the Jackal, called (of course) Carlos.

Looks good, i'll give it a try :>

But no, i haven't heard of good recent "geopolitical" films.... which is unfortunate
Noob wrote:I cento passi (one hundred steps). Set in the '70s, assorted communists battle it out with Sicilian mafiosi.

Never seen this. I'm definitely gonna check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Noob wrote:Looks good, i'll give it a try :>

Strap yourself in and clear your schedule. It's a five hour movie.

Noob wrote:But no, i haven't heard of good recent "geopolitical" films.... which is unfortunate

The more common used term is "political thrillers" but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a more geopolitical focus to the film. So, yeah, there's not many. You can share any political movie you want to here, if that makes it easier.

Here goes another one, The Baader Meinhof Complex.

[youtube]FanVI8-zlsA[/youtube]

also, The Constant Gardener.

[youtube]r4iTjavIkbk[/youtube]
I wish I could come up with one but am drawing blanks. On a much smaller scale though, Gangs of New York. It has many elements of geo politics though. Warring factions, shifting alliances, spineless leaders, haves and have nots. You could aruge that its just politics but in the movie you have nation state's immigrants competing against foreign foes. Its almost geo politics.

Also, kill the messenger I think already came out and its somewhat a geo political thriller. Its about a certain international agency and their part in drug smuggling.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]