Random Observations - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
1) I walked into Baum's News Stand on State Street in downtown Schenectady, New York at about 1pm last Saturday and was greeted by the words, "Fuck you! I can dick you faster than you can say Cooney Finnigan." These profound words were spoken by none other than Mr. Baum himself who has been doing business at that same location for the past 36 years. He was chatting with one of his friends. I picked up my copy of the Times Union and left. I had spotted Baum's a few months ago and have never missed an opportunity to patronize the establishment whenever in the area. It's a clubhouse for old guys disguised as a news, magazine, tobacco store. It is patronized by a group of regulars in the 55 to 75 age group most of whom have cheap cigars jammed into their faces. I have never spotted a woman on the premises. There is a back room area off from the store proper up front. The back room walls are totally covered with boxing and baseball photos and boxing newspaper clippings. Many are autographed. I spotted an autographed photo of Willie Mays and wondered what the old geezers would have done if I ripped it off the wall and ran out the door.

2) It makes me sad to see that the vast majority of people seem to lose their bananas shortly after childhood never to regain them. I have found it necessary to step back and distance myself from the inane clutter of details that seem to be disturbing my peace of mind of the moment. Once I have stepped back it never ceases to amaze me how transitory and inane the whole jumble of crap is. Aunt Mildred died Greg is fighting with Bob pay the bills CD interest rates section 175(c) repair the broken window loss of consortium muffler noises no parking on Thursday between 8pm and midnight the baby is vomiting Chuck Peterson is etc.................... ad infinitum ...........
He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]