A short review of Iron Fist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
I didn't expect to like this. I've gotten a bit tired of the superhero genre. I still like some of what I grew up with in the 60s, Thor, Fantastic Four, you get the idea.

As a rule, not a fan of the newer stuff. Jessica Jones was fun for a while, but to my taste, they overplayed the nemesis. Same goes for the others, when I could bring myself to get past the first 5 minutes.

Netflix and I have been going through a rough patch. I plan on getting Prime again so I can catch the next season of the Expanse, and I've been considering dropping it.

So let's just say my expectations were low. The first 3 episodes were surprisingly good. It's part of the kung fu genre, meaning the good guy can fight a bunch of guns and always wins. If it's done well, I can dig it.

In the fourth episode, Danny gets his inheritance, 51% stake in the family company. Then he goes to a board meeting, and the writing takes a long walk off a short pier. He says about a drug they are about to sell that they should make no profit. I can see reducing the proposed profit from 1,000% to something more reasonable. A lot of drug companies drop the price in the 3rd world. That's not a deal breaker. As was the case with the Fifth Element, you can throw in a little religion if the rest is good.

Gonna keep watching, as long as it's fun. Let's hope he doesn't go to many more board meetings. I never wanted any part of those in real life. Hate meetings.

While the fighting is fake, it's done nicely. Looks good. I like that Carrie Ann Moss is part of the show. There is an Asian female martial arts instructor that is cute, and it looks like she and the main character will be allies fighting evil. I'd like that.
I liked Iron Fist. It's a shame it was cancelled. The last season was pretty strong, IMO.

You might like Daredevil, if you liked Iron Fist. I liked both.

I couldn't really get behind Luke Cage, mind you, but then I never liked the comics, either. Just a strong, bulletproof guy.

The villain in Jessica Jones, was really good. It's worth watching. Mind control by a person with no morals is pretty nasty.

You did not read my post carefully enough. I sai[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]