Death - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Doorless is the house of death and dark it is within. I think of death as a great hope. I hope to be wiped out, utterly forgotten, saved by nothingness.
By Potemkin
jimjam wrote:Doorless is the house of death and dark it is within. I think of death as a great hope. I hope to be wiped out, utterly forgotten, saved by nothingness.

Media vita in morte sumus.
By Sivad
jimjam wrote:I think of death as a great hope. I hope to be wiped out, utterly forgotten, saved by nothingness.

I wouldn't count on it, that's just something atheists tell themselves to relieve their religious angst. Total annihilation sounds good to me too but somehow I doubt any of us will get off that easy. You should probably be prepared for a cosmic reckoning where you're laid bare before the universe and forced to confront the ugly truth about yourself in every excruciatingly pitiful detail. Every failure and weakness and all the bullshit and hypocrisy, it's all gonna catch up with you and be on full display before God and everyone.

I figure it's what we all owe and it's the kind of agonizing ordeal that you come out the other side better than you went in so I say bring judgement day the fuck on.
By Godstud
I'm ready to go to the Halls of Valhalla, when my time is up. Are you?
By Sivad
Godstud wrote:I'm ready to go to the Halls of Valhalla, when my time is up. Are you?

When your time is up I think God is gonna make you wear a dunce cap and stand in the corner.
By Godstud
:lol: Yeah, piss off religious nutter! If you actually did believe in God, you wouldn't hold human life in such disregard.
By ness31
You know how they say your life flashes before you when you die? I have been having that sensation for the last few years. I’m acutely aware of my impending death.
By Sivad
When dink libtards see their life review it's not just gonna be cringe, they're gonna cringe so violently hard at their own retardumental jackass smug that they shit their own assholes out of their mouths. :lol:
By Godstud
Projecting again, @Sivad. :lol:
By Potemkin
Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't just destroy us all in righteous indignation and furious anger. But then someone like @Sivad comes along, and all becomes clear - God keeps us humans around for the comedy value. :excited:
By jimjam
Sivad wrote:I wouldn't count on it, that's just something atheists tell themselves to relieve their religious angst. Total annihilation sounds good to me too but somehow I doubt any of us will get off that easy. You should probably be prepared for a cosmic reckoning where you're laid bare before the universe and forced to confront the ugly truth about yourself in every excruciatingly pitiful detail. Every failure and weakness and all the bullshit and hypocrisy, it's all gonna catch up with you and be on full display before God and everyone.

I figure it's what we all owe and it's the kind of agonizing ordeal that you come out the other side better than you went in so I say bring judgement day the fuck on.

Typical "religious" mind control via negativity and fear. Notice how only any and all bad aspects of my life are brought into the picture. It's not like "the bad and good of your life will be brought into focus". It's more: "Everything bad that you ever did will be displayed and you will be crushed to smitherines." :eek:
By Sivad
jimjam wrote:Typical "religious" mind control via negativity and fear.

Religion never took with me, what I'm talking about here is based on all the copious evidence that has accumulated over the centuries for a reality beyond the physical world. And it's not really negative or anything to fear, it's a growth inducing experience. It will probably be quite unpleasant for people who have chosen to be giant douche nozzles about everything and have dedicated their whole lives to pettiness, bullshit and hypocrisy, but it's really the only way to straighten those jackasses out.

Notice how only any and all bad aspects of my life are brought into the picture. It's not like "the bad and good of your life will be brought into focus". It's more: "Everything bad that you ever did will be displayed and you will be crushed to smitherines." :eek:

I think it's more about the truth of who and what you are rather than the things you did and the only reason I think it's gonna be unpleasant is because I know people. I know who and what most people are and most people are mostly assholes so any confrontation with the unvarnished truth about themselves is bound to be quite unpleasant.
By Godstud
Sivad wrote:I know who and what most people are and most people are mostly assholes so any confrontation with the unvarnished truth about themselves is bound to be quite unpleasant.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole." -Raylan Givens, Justified
By Sivad
Potemkin wrote:Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't just destroy us all in righteous indignation and furious anger. But then someone like @Sivad comes along, and all becomes clear - God keeps us humans around for the comedy value. :excited:

Yeah dude, I'm the joke, keep telling yourself that... :lol:
By quetzalcoatl
I'm afraid of death as much as the next guy. My solution is to ignore the fact I have to die. It doesn't make me any wiser, but wisdom is as fleeting as life itself - so there's no permanent loss.
By Drlee
S
ometimes I wonder why God doesn't just destroy us all in righteous indignation and furious anger. But then someone like @Sivad comes along, and all becomes clear - God keeps us humans around for the comedy value.

This is the real Gilligan's Island but there is no professor.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh." François-Marie Arouet. (See pic above)
By quetzalcoatl
Since we're on the subject of death, we may as well visit its close companion, regret.

By Sivad
skinster wrote:We'll never know what happens after, but I'm guessing it'll probably be nowt. :|

I'm guessing that your guess probably isn't based in reason or evidence. Atheistic materialism is just a dumb person's idea of what a smart person thinks, the evidence weighs heavily against it.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]